The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Methods for Deck Storage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Absinthiste
View Profile
New user
Interzone Inc, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Absinthiste
My deck collection is starting to get pretty ridiculous. Random cardboard boxes are kind of bugging me too. Looking around online I found this http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/playing-card......97b36087
and this soon to be released item http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/carbon-effec......rage-box
The 36 and durable brick boxes look good. But vendor is in UK. I'd like to avoid overseas shipping if possible.
Is there anyone in the US that sells same items?
What do you guys use to keep playing cards in?
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Mine are currently in a cardboard box. I don't have a huge collection yet (40-50 decks) but eventually I want to do something with them. I'm kind of leaning towards display cases rather than storage boxes. I found this but it's kind of on the expensive side. They have 2 sizes, one for 60 decks and one that holds 24.
http://collectableplayingcards.com/playi......663.html

I've got a couple of these CD boxes from Wal-Mart for storing live concert recordings. They aren't a perfect fit for cards but they are cheap, sturdy and don't look too bad.
Small

Large
Absinthiste
View Profile
New user
Interzone Inc, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Absinthiste
I ended up ordering the boxes mentioned in the original post. These things are actually pretty great. Very sturdy. Holds a total of 39 decks perfectly.
I've seen and like the display cases too, but I'll probably go with a small one, maybe 24 just to show off a select few decks.
I'm actually really looking forward to the "carbon effect" case JP will start selling soon. This looks perfect for travelling.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I found some old cassette tape boxes at a second hand store that packs of cards fit into pretty well, and they're hard plastic for protection.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It's kind of like this but it only cost a quarter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Alpha-Ca......04830%26
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
hankinsk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hankinsk
I just went through my collection of card just last week and did an inventory. I never realized just how many invisible decks I had. At the end a cataloged 45 decks and dumped 10 of them to that great card place in the sky
Regards
Trace Hankins
challengedmichael
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of challengedmichael
I also found some old wooden cassette holders and they work quite well for display purposes.
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Aiea, Hawaii
245 Posts

Profile of BWind
I use those white pre-cut boxes that are found in the Sports Card Stores. They are used for holding your collection of baseball, football, etc. "commons" and work for me to store my decks (about 12 to 15 fit snuggly). They are sized to hold 100, 200, 300, and more; they're cheap, strong, and readily available in brick & mortar stores or online purchases. I believe the 200 count box is very similar in shape and size to the old cassette tape clear holders.
BWind
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2014, BWind wrote:
I use those white pre-cut boxes that are found in the Sports Card Stores.

Something like this?

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Those big plastic draw units that are cheap. One girl on youtube showing her collection used one of these.
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Methods for Deck Storage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL