The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Real Levitation - No Gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Real levitation with no gimmicks. However, the required conditions would make it hard to adapt this for use in magic. Check out the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmKr69jGBk
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Too cool!

I had always heard that aluminum had magnetic properties, but the only demo that I had ever seen was when they set an aluminum plate onto the track of a maglev train. The 20lb. (or heavier) plate flew off like a shot when the coil was activated.

This, though, was WAY more impressive!

Thanks for sharing!
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
77 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
The problem is with having to deal with the heat dissipation. If rigged differentially, might replace the electric chair!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Look up Robert Millikan and his famous "oil drop" experiment. A magician could theoretically wear a magnetic harness under his clothes and step onto a hidden electromagnet. He would float up a few inches depending on his weight and the current and magnet set up. I am thinking that this would have a similar effect on human tissue as an MRI. That is use sparingly to avoid damage from electromagnetic radiation.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Real Levitation - No Gimmicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL