The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Millionaire Fanning Bills - aka - Manipulation Dollar Bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Today I received 2 sets of Millionaire Fanning Bills from Seo Magic. They come boxed and in a reseal-able clear plastic envelope. They come in packet of 50 bills. No instructions of any kind are provided. They are the same width as an American Dollar bill, but about a 1/16 of an inch longer. This paper is neither smooth and glossy or show any grain.

The paper, I can only describe as between heavy weight paper and card stock. they are not to flexible, and to stiff. The bills are not really replicas of American money, but with amount and president picture along with the greenish and black inks, makes it look like a dollar bill. (See picture on Seo Magic's website.) On the back is drawing of what looks like a cartoon house that the 3 Little Pigs would have lived in.

The ink printing can be felt on the surface of the bills and thus this keeps them from sliding over one another. I applied Magician Fanning Powder to each card with a cotton ball, rubbing in circular motions on both sides.

The bills cannot be palmed do to the length, and folding as in some bill actions would not seem to be possible do to the thickness of the paper stock. I believe the best use for these may only be able to fan a group of bills. This opens up being able to do some but all fanning techniques as with playing cards. Do to the square corners, they seem to get in the way of fanning and back palming, so maybe rounding the corners would assist in a smoother fanning action. Depending you the size of your hands, this will tell you if it is possible if these can be used for Split Fan Productions.

The end border is not the same width at both ends, so you could take the bills to a print show and have them cut them about an 1/8 inch from that end. This may or may not make a lot of difference on the handling for some. Print shops use to charge $2.00 per cut. I once had a deck of cards cut down and they did not charge me anything for the service. I would imagine that they did this to get additional business from me.

I can say If I would recommend them or not, as they are a little to stiff and some would not like them. Although, they are the only manipulation bills on the current magic market. Not much is written on bill productions, just the books "Magic as a Hobby" by Bruce Elliott and "Magic With Faucett Ross" by Lewis Ganson, both out of print, the latter a Supreme Magic publication.

There you have it, you have to decide for yourself if this is something you want to try and work with. The only manipulation bills I have used in the past is Supreme Magic's Manipulation Bills that were the size of a British Pound note. I had a set cut down in width, and they worked well. They printed on glossy paper stock like that used for finger painting. So there you have it.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1409
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Great review Bill. Thanks. I wonder if the paper is the same as Blake's Manipulation Bills.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No - I also have John Blake's bills, his is more card stock, these are more like thick stiff paper.

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Great review Bill ! Thank you !

I've found this type of stage money for effects and manipulations in a german magic shop :

http://www.stolina.de/buhnendollar.html

I'll going to order them and let you know what they're worth.

Oliver.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Was just notified from Seo Magic they now have a new Millionaire Bill Manipulation DVD, price $12.00 for these stiff fake money bills.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1449

They now have these Manipulation Bills available in Euro Bills.

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1447

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Received the DVD today, it is only about 24 minutes long, describes the routine you see Anson Lee perform in the Demo video for the Bills and DVD ads. This is a silent DVD with background music and no text except for titles. It is very well produced with each move explained silently, and shown in detail how to prepare and create the illusion of producing money (bills) from the air.

At least 3 different times from different angles each move is shown. Very good silent explanation that anyone should be able to understand completely. The position of the steals and how they are accomplished is even shown.

Good basic routine for a position to start to build a dollar bill production act.

The only negative thing I found was the no credit was give for the recently marketed "Osaka Bill Productions". He did change the position and method of opening, do to the thick nature of the paper used, but the fold is exactly the same.

Next he shows to apply fanning powder with your fingers, this is not actually correct. That would put your oils from your hands on the bills as well. It has always been shown to apply fanning powder using a cotton ball or powder puff. Apply in circular motion on the both sides of the entire surfaces.

Reasonably priced, in my opinion.

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Bill,

I've used another technique to apply fanning powder to cards, by putting them in a plastic bag with the powder, close and shake it. After this I rubb off the surplus with a cotton ball.

Your technique seems easier since it uses just one step.

Thank you for this hint Bill.

Oliver.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Oliver, I have used that method as well with playing Cards. It is fast and effective, just do it outside when you open the bag. The draw back with the bag method when using these bills, is that bills have a sharp square corner. If using a plastic bag, it will pierce the plastic and make holes. If using a paper sack or bag, it may damage the square corners of the bills.

The late great Ken Allen came up with a product years ago, called "Soo Zee", I have used it for over 50 years. The card or bill is simply pushed through the device and the cards are ready after a shuffle. Some suggested to only apply to every other card as it treats both sides of a card or bill and this will transfer to the untreated cards during your rubbing and shuffling of the deck.

I found a version is still available at the best magic dealer on the Internet, Trick Supply.
http://www.tricksupply.com/product-p/30.067.htm

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22177 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just scanned the portion of "Magic As A Hobby" book by Bruce Elliott that has the late Kolma's Dollar Bill Producing Act described therein. If a person can prove to me he has the Millionaire Fanning Bills and would like to have a copy of this act, then let me know, and I will be more then happy to email you a copy for your study.

dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Bill how to contact you , ?? your account doesn't accept private messages ??
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Not sure if this helps. if I have to do a quick powdering of my cards I take half the deck and put some powder on the short site and the with the otherhalf I do a faro shuffle. I do this on the other short side to. usualy this is enough to make the card fans.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2988 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I ordered two sets of these recently from SEO Magic - one set each of the old and new $100 bills. They must have updated them since Bill Hegbli wrote his description here, because the sets I received are printed on glossy paper, and feel and handle very much like Nielson manipulation cards.

Picked up a copy of the Millionaire DVD as well, which is terrific. It clearly explains the sleights, then puts it all together in a quick but very magical production routine with single bills and fans popping out everywhere. My son said it looked like CGI. Due to the size of the bills, the fans and productions look huge and impressive. Given the choice, if you had magical powers, what would you rather produce - playing cards or currency?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Millionaire Fanning Bills - aka - Manipulation Dollar Bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL