The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for the right illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4000
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of magic4000
Hi all. I am building my new illusion show which will be marketed to cruise Ships. I am opening with a Blammo. The next illusion I have is a Tubed Out. I just bought a Wakeling Sawing, and need one more here. I am going to end the show with a Spike Escape. What would you recommend? All my Illusions are preformed fast pace. I am working on a modern style cruise ship show. Please help. Smile
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
A Levitation?

It could slow the pace a little before your big finish and create a nice bit of light and shade.
Maybe the fan levitation.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
A levitation can be tricky on a cruise ship. The movement of the ship can cause problems. I've had friends describe terrifying circumstances using a broom suspension when the ship moved.

Have you thought about an illusion using a spectator? I always got great reactions from using a 10' tall drop blade guillotine. (I worked with Carnival Cruise Lines in the early 90s.)

Obviously, a guillotine is a slower-paced illusion but it might make a nice change in pace. Bill Smith sells a couple of different illusions using spectators. He has Audience Dis-Member and Audience Acupuncture (I'm not sure if that's the correct name for the second illusion.)

Michael
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
For Audience involvement (and bewilderment!) my vote goes to Audience Dismember every time - Jim Steinmeyer really came up trumps with that one.

Audience Accupuncture on the other hand is probably the only Steinmeyer designed effect that really doesn't cut the mustard in my mind (but hey what do I know? Smile ) Seriously though, check our "Dismember" from Bill Smith. It's a cracker.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Paul Osborne’s Illusion Systems 4 (which finally came in the mail today) has a section on cruise ship shows. You might check it out.
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Another possibility is Wellington Enterprises' See Thru Guillotine. Expensive, but worth every penny.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Doesn't the Wakeling Sawing use audience participation? Or am I thinking of a different version? You've already got a production, kind of vanish, mutilation, and dangerous escape, why not a transformation or transposition? Maybe some version of Metamorphosis?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Brian,

You are correct. The Wakeling Sawing does use spectators, but they are not the focus. They act as on-stage assistants. The other audience involvement illusions (guillotines, audience acupuncture, etc.) are all about the spectator. I look at that as very different - could be just me.

Michael
skilusion
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of skilusion
If you are looking for something funny and audience part. I would recomend the Bogus Belt from Steven's Magic Emporium. It is a modern day chastity belt that you put a female audience member. Performed it a couple of times and it has gotten the best laughs. However it is a slower pace because it involves the audience.
skilusion
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I am not sure that a spike escape is the best course of action to take on a Cruise ship. I would think that the large amount of stress placed on spikes suspend in the air would be compounded and possibly compromised by the possible rocking of the ship.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for the right illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL