The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 06:24, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:39, acesover wrote:
If you want to move up to the majors, start with pot in the minor leagues until a scout (pusher) finds you and moves you up. Not everyone moves to the majors. But if you don't try you won't make it. So why try?

If someone really "wants to move up to the majors" I'm pretty sure that not having pot around won't stop them. I can't imagine someone saying, "You know, I really wanted to be a cocaine user - maybe even a crack or heroin user, but I just couldn't find a joint to get me started on that path. I did have opportunities to use cocaine and crack and heroin, but I had to turn them down because I had never experienced pot."

PS - did you see the article regarding Portugal in my previous post?

Ron

Doesn't Portugal have a heroine problem?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Nah, the problem they have there is that all the girls are named Maria. How do you solve a problem like Maria?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 06:24, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:39, acesover wrote:
If you want to move up to the majors, start with pot in the minor leagues until a scout (pusher) finds you and moves you up. Not everyone moves to the majors. But if you don't try you won't make it. So why try?

If someone really "wants to move up to the majors" I'm pretty sure that not having pot around won't stop them. I can't imagine someone saying, "You know, I really wanted to be a cocaine user - maybe even a crack or heroin user, but I just couldn't find a joint to get me started on that path. I did have opportunities to use cocaine and crack and heroin, but I had to turn them down because I had never experienced pot."

PS - did you see the article regarding Portugal in my previous post?

Ron

Of course no one wants to. But that is not the issue. The issue is the ease to move up when a pot smoker becomes part of the drug sub culture. They start to deal with the people who have access to the more addictive drugs. If you can get pot from someone you can get the more addictive drugs from them and that is what they want.

You cannot be that naïve that you believe that the guy selling you pot is selling it to you because he wants to help your health. He wants your money. He wants it as fast as he can get it and there is no better way than to move you to a more addictive drug.

It seems that whenever someone has some sort of addiction they deny that they are addicted and say they can quit any time. If that is the case and all of you out there that are pot smokers give it up for 6 months as you claim you really don't need it. Of course you will hear. Why should I? I enjoy it. I function better and see things more clearly. Really? No not really. You have a dependence on it. It is not helping you function. It makes you feel unconcerned when you should be concerned YOU NEED IT. So I guess yea, it helps you function, but not in a responsible way.

Please it is not a wonder drug that cures cancer. I am not saying if you want to get high don't. I am saying please stop telling me how good it is good to be under the influence of pot and that doing so is good for you. It is no more good for you than getting drunk. If you are drunk or high you do not function properly and you do become dependent on that high. You are not smoking pot because it is good for you. You are smoking it to get as high as you can. You keep hearing, "this is really good s__t". They are referring to not how it treats cancer. But rather the high they get from it. To each his own. But there is nothing wonderful about pot other than the fact it gets one high.

While many will say it is not a gateway drug it sure makes it one whole heck of a lot easier to get the more addictive drugs if you know a pot supplier (nice word for pusher). Not many people go from not using drugs to highly addictive drugs. However many go from pot to highly addictive drugs. End of story.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"You cannot be that na�ve that you believe that the guy selling you pot is selling it to you because he wants to help your health. "

clearly you have never bought pot. The vast majority of people who buy pot do it from friends and relatives and people who's business it is to only sell pot. When I buy, I sometimes buy it from a woman in my neighborhood who whose kids grew up with mine and I've known personally for over 30 years. When she isn't available I get it through my girlfriends son who gets it from a good friend of his, or someone else I know who used to be my next door neighbor and sells it to supplement her job bartending. I've bought it from lawyers, heads of restaurants. In new york, it was easy. You call a phone number and I knew personally the people who delivered it, we became friends. My girlfriend used to grow her own on the backporch, but I didn't feel comfortable with that.

In other words, most people's experience buying pot is buying from friends and relatives. They aren't selling anything else. They are only selling it usually to make a little extra income or to pay for their own stash. It's very mom and pop.

In otherwords, it is nothing like you think.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
" It is no more good for you than getting drunk."

It is NOTHING LIKE being drunk. And I hate to muck up your rant with actual facts and experience but pot dramatically helps the pain knees from arthritis. I have sever arthritis in both knees that prevent me from standing or walking long distances. Pot is the only thing that helps alleviate the pain.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Wouldn't it be great if people restricted their comments to things they actually knew something about? but then again, there would probably be no conversations. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:53, mastermindreader wrote:
Whyy are you pushing the myth that pot is a gateway drug? It's not. And most people DON'T get it from "pushers" anymore. (At least not where I live.)

The Myth? Pot is absolutely a gateway drug. To say it cannot be a gateway drug is simply wrong! This I do know first hand- listen to this myth that happens to be a reality- pot is the reason my wife's first cousin is in rehab right now. He started with pot and ended up using heroin. So don't try and say it's not when this 18 year old has a long way to go to get his life back on track all because he started out smoking pot which led to the heroin use.

Now- is it a gateway drug for all- of course not. But can it be- absolutely it can.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
That is rediculous. it is no more a gateway drug than alchohol is. Just because the person went to heroin was not because of pot. The smoking of pot didn't lead to heroin. He just decided to do both.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 09:41, Slide wrote:
"You cannot be that na�ve that you believe that the guy selling you pot is selling it to you because he wants to help your health. "

clearly you have never bought pot. The vast majority of people who buy pot do it from friends and relatives and people who's business it is to only sell pot. When I buy, I sometimes buy it from a woman in my neighborhood who whose kids grew up with mine and I've known personally for over 30 years. When she isn't available I get it through my girlfriends son who gets it from a good friend of his, or someone else I know who used to be my next door neighbor and sells it to supplement her job bartending. I've bought it from lawyers, heads of restaurants. In new york, it was easy. You call a phone number and I knew personally the people who delivered it, we became friends. My girlfriend used to grow her own on the backporch, but I didn't feel comfortable with that.

In other words, most people's experience buying pot is buying from friends and relatives. They aren't selling anything else. They are only selling it usually to make a little extra income or to pay for their own stash. It's very mom and pop.

In otherwords, it is nothing like you think.

Where did they get it from in the first place. Figures as to how big the industry of pot is all over the place. But it seems to be somewhere in the low end of 10 billion a year to the high end of 50 billion a year. So buying this from your friend or relative is only saying where you get it, not where it comes from. it is big business and it is drug business and the4 drug business is to make money from people by addicting them.

I see pot and other drugs sold more than you could imagine because of 3 of my business establishments. Those who are pushers are not people who most would want as their friends. The people who purchase from them are nice enough and purchase for themselves and a few friends, then see that money is to be made and so it goes. You seem to be treating pot as some sort of fun club. It is not. It is using illegal drugs to get high. These drugs must come from somewhere, and if you think it is a fun thing you had better look up the origin of the drugs and how they finally get in the end user hands. It is not pretty. It is a crime driven business run by unscrupulous people. It is not about your family friends and the mother of the children that your kids played with. Wake up.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I've known kids who got into heroin. In all cases that I know of, it was absentee parenting that was the problem, not pot. In every case, the kids were left alone at a young age because of missing or ambitious parents who just weren't around.

I think the number one gateway drug for heroin is bad parenting.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
" These drugs must come from somewhere, "

yeah, its called "the ground"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 10:06, Slide wrote:
I've known kids who got into heroin. In all cases that I know of, it was absentee parenting that was the problem, not pot. In every case, the kids were left alone at a young age because of missing or ambitious parents who just weren't around.

Did they go straight from not using to heroin, or did they progress from pot? I can bet that the pusher that sold them heroin also sells pot.

However I do not see any correlations to kids using heroin and the usage of pot by adults because of lack of parental supervision. All kids using pot do not have bad parenting. That is another topic entirely.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
The point is, if you are really concerned about those who sell pot, selling something really dangerous like heroin, than you should be MORE inclined to want it legalized so that its distribution can be controlled (and tax revenue can be generated). Certainly, you are not going to stop it by making it illegal. so take it out of the hands of "pushers" and have it available in its own store.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
UK police bust $1mn marijuana factory in historic underground nuclear bunker.

http://rt.com/news/cannabis-underground-......low-452/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I know several people with destroyed lives and it all started with smoking pot.

My advice to the young has always been, if all your friends are doing it, you may need to find yourself some new friends.

But hey, I had my own opinion about cigarettes for many, many years. I felt smoking did no harm and
I could quit anytime I wanted to. I was wrong, we learn the hard way.

Tom
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 10:07, Slide wrote:
" These drugs must come from somewhere, "

yeah, its called "the ground"

Ever hear of "Mexican cartels"? You are starting to sound foolish with a statement like "the ground".
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
It doesn't come from the ground? Funny, my girlfriend has been growing it on her back porch for 10 years. I'm pretty sure it comes from the ground.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 10:06, Slide wrote:

Yes Slide- I will agree with you (funny hearing that, eH?). A large part of it is the upbringing in most cases but not so in this case. With my wife's case- these boys (I say boys- because there is a younger brother going down the same path) were brought up in a loving home. Yes- the DAD works a whole bunch of hours but the rest of the extended family is always very supportive and helpful. And in this case- the boys parents are in no way bad parents. So- my point is to say Pot is in no way a gateway drug is absolutely not true.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Well, I've been smoking pot since I was 15. I'm nearly 60 now. that is 45 years of experience. and in all that time I've never bought pot from someone who sold anything else. I've never wanted to try other drugs like heroin. I've never met anyone who smokes pot that ever was tempted to try heroin. It is like saying a glass of beer is a getaway drug to heroin. The fact is that kids who drink beer at a young age are more likely to try heroin. Can we get beer made illegal because every heroin user started by drinking a beer?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 10:13, Slide wrote:
The point is, if you are really concerned about those who sell pot, selling something really dangerous like heroin, than you should be MORE inclined to want it legalized so that its distribution can be controlled (and tax revenue can be generated). Certainly, you are not going to stop it by making it illegal. so take it out of the hands of "pushers" and have it available in its own store.

So do you do the same thing with heroin and ecstasy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL