The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford's Small World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I thought I'd post a video performance of "Small World" for those who were interested. This is not going to be offered as a video download as it appeared in print earlier this year. This is a presentation using Sean Taylor's Symbology deck though a borrowed deck of regular playing cards may be used. Just posting it for a bit of fun. I know some folks were asking for a video performance and this is just three of the phases taught in the book back to back.

http://vimeo.com/81154627

Happy Holidays everyone!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
One of the best mentalism pieces I've ever seen.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Patrick is performing in here, but the true psychic is Ben!!

Jokes aside, a beautiful routine Patrick, congratulations!!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Very nice Patrick. Very natural. It is also nice to see you as you, without the hat. The hat also works but this seems to be more you.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You are both very nice and creative people, and I appreciate seeing an honest demo...for me, I found the actual presentation and delivery really confusing and at odds with itself... the mechanics are obviously great, but the scripting/delivery of it just felt odd... stage 1 - sensing one that is "different"? when you've already shown that they are a matching set of the 3 symbols, just in two different colours...and stage two saying "i've not got much room here" when you've got plenty of room! turn that mat around!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, and as I say, the outcomes themselves are great, love that they build upon each other...its just that I found the presentation itself at odds with the inherent clinical setting of the esp cards...

I'm probably missing something...
I've asked to be banned
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 12:51, Patrick Redford wrote:
I thought I'd post a video performance of "Small World" for those who were interested. This is not going to be offered as a video download as it appeared in print earlier this year. This is a presentation using Sean Taylor's Symbology deck though a borrowed deck of regular playing cards may be used. Just posting it for a bit of fun. I know some folks were asking for a video performance and this is just three of the phases taught in the book back to back.

http://vimeo.com/81154627

Happy Holidays everyone!
Very, very nice, Patrick!
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
I like it.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 16:34, IAIN wrote:
You are both very nice and creative people, and I appreciate seeing an honest demo...for me, I found the actual presentation and delivery really confusing and at odds with itself... the mechanics are obviously great, but the scripting/delivery of it just felt odd... stage 1 - sensing one that is "different"? when you've already shown that they are a matching set of the 3 symbols, just in two different colours...and stage two saying "i've not got much room here" when you've got plenty of room! turn that mat around!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, and as I say, the outcomes themselves are great, love that they build upon each other...its just that I found the presentation itself at odds with the inherent clinical setting of the esp cards...

I'm probably missing something...

Without those things Iain would it be a good effect?
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
Now on the wishlist. Awesome stuff Patrick!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I bought it and I really like it. I think that the effect is stronger using the colored ESP cards than with playing cards.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I too have to agree with pretty much everything Iain said. The mechanics are super fair, I don't believe I saw a "fishy move" that I think would seem out of place. However, I was kinda thrown off and confused when Patrick was mentioning the differences in the colors and for Ben to just pick the 3 that felt different. And if I'm observing correctly, it almost looks like Ben got confused or a little thrown off by those instructions as well, (just judging by his facial expressions).

Secondly, I too immediately thought, "just turn the mat sideways".

I'm currently thinking if this could be done with the Beyond ESP cards with the color separation, (in that the black backed cards would separate from the red backed). My thoughts are that it would interfere with not being able to read the m******s, since the cards would be face up.

All in all, I absolutely loved it. Bens look of astonishment I priceless Smile Always nice to see the look of wonder on the face of a fellow performer.

With a smile
Matthew
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I also just looked at Sean's site. It says "look for the black and white symbology to come in a few months". Is anyone familiar with this?

I would also like to see a clear picture of the back design if possible. The innocent nature of the backs are important for me. I currently own the Beyond ESP 2, and was about to go with a Paralabs deck for Christmas. Now there is another freakin choice!!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Just a point of reference …this effect doesn't utilize marked cards in any way!

I love the beyond ESP cards and think they're wonderful. I also really like the symbology deck.

@ MatthewSims
Even turning the mat sideways ten cards don't fit across the mat

In phase one the subject is sensing which cards feel different in color as one set is red one is blue. The first two phases are about sensing color, the last phase is about the symbols themselves.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
So you mean to tell me that I could just use blank business cards and have the spectator draw some red symbols, and me draw some black? Well now I just have to get it!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Yes that's correct.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 19:18, John C wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 16:34, IAIN wrote:
blah blah blah

Without those things Iain would it be a good effect?

I dunno, I think with test condition style effects, the presentation has be similarly test conditions -with a short opening intro, then very clear and clinical instructions... as I say, personally, I found it all a bit confusing...though appreciate that the mechanics are great...
I've asked to be banned
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Just bought this download the other day, but work has limited any time reading or working with it. Patrick does provide a number of routines that
you can mix and match, or will stand pretty well on his own. I did like the combination he used on the video. Now I have to figure out what the routines
he used in the video are. Looking forward to having some time with this. And like he stated the routine does not need marked cards.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
What book is this in?
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 16:50, sbays wrote:
What book is this in?

pdf or book

small world
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Patrick and I did something very similar with "From Hell" photographs .. I was inspired!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford's Small World (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL