The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford's Small World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 16:39, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 10:18, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 10:03, IAIN wrote:
please read all of the above in a good natured, non-confrontational tone!

? I didn't think there was any confrontation?

Peace and all that.

I'll go back to spooky and the shadows.

huh?! all I was saying was basically "can no one please take my own personal critique the wrong way, or think that I was being aggressive or shouty"... wasn't saying anyone was being confrontational...

Ha! Only on penny....

You said you were not trying to be confrontational and I posted I didn't think there was any confrontation and wished us all peace and withdrew back to the shadow realm for a while.

So, I will not try to guess why you posted our quotes cut from our original full posts with the contexts - I shall just repeat

Peace and all that....

And I am heading back to spooky again

Oh, have a happy holidays too

Now let's leave this thread for discussing small world! Which I will say, I tried out live Thursday night in a relaxed style in a restaurant and it went over quite well. I see why patrick uses the term "differences" as when in action, you don't want them to know which is red or black to make the entire thing work at the end - wether or not that language suits your performance, something similar is needed to keep the possible outcomes consistent with the premise.... I think the more one uses this one will develop multiple verbal guides for the audience...IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Patrick, I have a question. In the last phase when the participant switches the cards around, is it possible to just say something like "None of these cards is in the right position. So just decide on a new position for each card in the row."

Would this not accomplish the same thing without having to give as much direction (e.g. "You can switch these two and these two," etc)?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
It wouldn't exactly accomplish the same thing. Though that line would be useful here but asking someone to switch things around to new positions would be too confusing for one person to take on in the heat of the moment.
----
Sorry to be absent from this conversation as some of you may know from another thread here on the Café I've been down sick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford's Small World (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL