The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Romhany's Complete Chair routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
"Limited edition of 24 of Paul Romhany's complete Chair Routine is available for the working performer. This is one of the most direct chair test routines available today, and makes the perfect opening for a magician OR mentalist. Paul Romhany has taken Wayne Roger's Force 4 and put together a very strong routine that combines a Chair Test Routine with a Bank Night routine. Unlike a lot of other chair test routines that are very complicated and hard for the audience to follow, Paul has designed his routine to work for all types of audiences from corporate shows, private parties, cabaret and cruise ships. What makes this such a great opening is how simple and direct it is - three spectators choose a different color and sit on the matching chair!! No fumbling, secret writing, palming or FORCES of ANY KIND - everything is a FREE CHOICE!!

EFFECT: A paper ball is thrown out in to the audience to randomly select three volunteers. Four envelopes are introduced and told that one contains a $100 note, while the others contain colored pieces of paper. Three spectators get to choose an envelope and upon opening they find they have a colored piece of paper. They then sit in the corresponding chairs to their chosen colors. The performer is left with the last envelope which contains the $100 note. Is it 'influence or intuition?"

The original paper ball is opened by one spectator and EVERYTHING that happened is predicted. Each spectator is told which chair they will choose and the magician will end up with the money. It's THAT direct and thanks to Wayne's folder and the structure of Paul's routine

BONUS: To follow up Paul performers Neal Scryer's Last One Standing routine where the spectator's mix themselves up without the performer watching and two sit down leaving only one. The performer clearly shows his prediction (which can be held at the very start by an audience member) and has predicted the PERSON who will be left standing.

The entire routine is a feature of Paul's current act and incorporates Wayne Rogers' clever Force 4 gimmick folio. Paul gets a good 7 to 8 minutes out of this routine and it packs FLAT and plays HUGE. He has performed it under ALL conditions from cabaret, private home parties and in 1500 seat theaters around the world.

COMES COMPLETE WITH
1) DVD with live performances and explantion of Romyan's full routine as used in his professional act.
2) Full colored book with routine and Wayne Rogers' tips and handling as well as Neal Scryer's Last One Standing routine
3) Force 4 Folio by Wayne Rogers (this does all the work for you)
4) Three special-colored chair sashes enabling you to perform this with any banquet chair or folding chair.
5) Extra envelopes, colored pieces of paper and name badges for spectators"

I was under the impression that a very similar routine came with the Wayne Rogers Force 4 Folio. It seems the obvious advantage of the Force 4. Hopefully someone can chime in if they have any knowledge of this.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3060 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Everything Paul release is for sure a worker, plus with the addition of Force4 you will have a tool to use for everything!
I designed my own chair test and some other routines with this tool, and for the people that don't have Force4 yet, I think this is a good chance to get the tool and an audience tested routine.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
What about those of us who already have Force 4?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
$450 is a big chunk of change. The Force 4 is $160 of that but and it also comes with a bunch of routines, in fact both a bank night and 2 chair versions as well as others. I was under the impression from the other forum that this routine was only achieved when he finally got Force 4. It sounds like it hasn't been road tested for too long. Just want to know is it worth spending the extra $290 which is for Paul's routine alone.
And Ian has a valid point, what about those who have just bought Force 4. Can they buy Pauls routine separately for the $290.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I remember seeing the demo video recently and honestly... I would have liked 4 or more chairs involved, but what do I know.

I agree with takeachance that the price (to me) sounds a little steep - yes I know this is for the working "pro" and has been cabaret tested.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1022 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
So does Force 4 come with a chair routine?
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Check Tim's products out here!

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11717 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds rather complicated. My thought is chair tests with multiple specs is complex enough without adding addtional layers to confuse folks.

I like a simple direct chair test. Make it about the chairs.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-12-17 13:17, Tim Hannig wrote:
So does Force 4 come with a chair routine?

Yes I think it does Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Just ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to work this into my daily act.
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Quote:
On 2013-12-17 13:57, John C wrote:
Sounds rather complicated. My thought is chair tests with multiple specs is complex enough without adding addtional layers to confuse folks.

I like a simple direct chair test. Make it about the chairs.

if you watch the video on the force 4 page at Steven's Magic Emporium you'll see the routine is very simple... also, you'll know exactly how the chair + bank night routine works...
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
P.s. I just ordered Force 4!!
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
246 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
I've had a chance to review Paul's video of his Chair Routine and his touches are STELLAR. More thoughts to follow...
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I have one for sell at a bargain price in the for sale section
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I don't think this point was ever answered BUT is the exta 290 bucks value for money for this routine?
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
This is brilliant. It was expensive but completely worth it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Romhany's Complete Chair routine (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL