The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Sucker adults (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Okay, I'd appreciate help on this. How should one perform sucker effects for adults? Or should sucker effects even be performed for them? I mean only certain sucker effects...

I ask since I've put together my personal routine for the sucker die box and I've geared it for adults, thought it can be performed for a general audience and it involves audience involvement. Getting the kids involved is no problem but how can I motivate the adults, who seem to be more reserved, to get involved? I thought I could simply be straightforward and ask them. I thought this might either not work or ruin the fun of the sucker effect. Can anyone help??? Thanks...Roy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay, anyone for a version of Run-Rabbit-Run using a selected card?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
JonTown, you could have just answered my question. Thanks for wasting your time on me anyway.

I must have not explained myself well. I do not mean to have adults screaming and yelling like the kids do with sucker effects. I have not explained my routine, therefore, you do not understand what I mean. I've essentially turned my sucker effect into a non-sucker effect; if anyone understands what I mean?

Anyhow, I've already answered my own question, thanks...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Must be the years of watching folks giggle at those tricks at the magic shop...yes adults. The noise they make is different, and the cue has to be just a bit more subtle. People do like to laugh.

Is there something wrong with using a selected card instead of a rabbit for the Run-Rabbit-Run?

It might take a bizarre interpretation of the die box to explain the "tock" noise and why you open just one door at a time.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Let me take "Run-Rabbit-Run" for example
but for my case I use card

Normally adults won't should or yeild where the card has slid to. Therefore, I'll just act as if I heard someone saying the card has slid to the other side.

After 1 or 2 attempts, the adults will really act like kids, trying to be smart and start to participart.

I hope it helps Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Consider the swindles used in the three card monte as a sort of downplayed 'sucker' effect...

What may be missing is the motivation for the adults to CARE about where the card is. People like to believe they can 'catch on' by paying close attention. The 'run rabbit run' idea is just fine if you pretend the trick happens by using misdirection to cover the BOLD and BRAZEN move of the card between the two places.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Sucker adults (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL