The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Info about Grab-A-Dollar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I originally posted this in Paper Money Madness, but someone suggested it was more a manipulation question, so I'm asking it here...

Was the old Grab-A-Dollar sold as a ready-made gimmick (with real or play money bills) or just as a manuscript that told you how to construct and use it? Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22400 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Grab-a-dollar was a trick sold by Louis Tannen's back in the 1970's. It was supplied with the 6 fake money bills and a half sheet of instructions with line drawings. Yes, it is or was a sleight of hand trick for stage presentation or with the audience facing front. You could detach the fake bills and attach real money if you so desired. It came with a banker's clip dangling from a loop of twin string knotted.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Bill - thank you very much - I appreciate the info! Do you think it's something that could be constructed from reading the instruction sheet?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22400 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe so, been a while since I looked at the instructions. I have a set.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Bill - Thanks again. Charley
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just want to make a public thank you to Bill Hegbli for really being a huge help in finding all the information I needed about Grab-A-Dollar - Thanks, Bill, and all the best!
Charley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Info about Grab-A-Dollar? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL