The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ken Weber's MAXIMUM ENTERTAINMENT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
Director's notes for the magician and mentalist. Does anyone have a review? Smile

Thom
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I recommend the book. Even if you're an experienced theater person, you need the reminders and processes described in the book to get the most out of your performance.

The best advice in the book? Practice on your feet. You can't rehearse silently; doing the lines in your head doesn't cut it because your movements affect your breath, which affects your movements, which affects your breath...
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1105 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Let me state my bias first: I wrote the foreword to this book, but I have NO financial interest in it.

Experienced pros will tell you that they have improved their performances by following the advice and principles in this book. Maximum Entertainment not about tricks, but about the simple, practical things you can do to improve your magic and improve your performances. The book will help you raise your performing level. Hence, it is more valuable than any book of tricks you can buy.

Those who get it will get it.

Bob
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I'd like to add my recommendation to the list. I recently had an opportunity to quickly browse the book and a fast read of two random pages convinced me that the book was worth every penny. Ken's depth of knowledge about performing really shows and the book belongs on every performers shelf. Whether you are an amateur or a pro, the advice is priceless.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana
Smile
KWEBER
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of KWEBER
Hi ESP Guy,
The book will soon be reviewed in all the major magic publications. Although I don't know exactly what will be said, I can give you a sneak preview. One well-known writer, who does more than 200 shows a year, sent an email to me that said in part:
"It's a terrific book...There were a number of very important ideas that I had never seen articulated before in the literature. Your staging advice about sound and lighting is must reading. Must reading."

To Curt,
It's interesting to me that everyone I've heard from cites a different nugget of advice as "the best," and I must tell you, you're the first to comment on that particular passage. But it's all good, because the book is meant to offer a wide range of advice.

Ken Weber
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Where can this book be found
KWEBER
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of KWEBER
You can get it from Guy Bavli's Pro-magic,
http://www.pro-magic.com

or from most of the major dealers.
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
89 Posts

Profile of shahin
Mr Weber

Just finished your book! My comment : I found your book fascinating, but more important to me , very ,very useful! I immediately incorporated some of your suggestions into my presentation inorder to raise the level of the tricks to an extraordinary moment. I didn´t have a chance to perform after I made the changes, but I hope I will achieve my goals.

Thank You

Shahin
brainman
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of brainman
Thanks for sharing such valuable information in your book, I simply loved at from the first page on!
Best,
P
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
Maximum Entertainment is probably the best investment that any performer in any medium can make.

The importance of a director is something that almost every performer has read about, but few have actually taken to heart. This book sums up some of the reasons that a director is so important as well as offering excellent advice to performers unable (or unwilling) to hire one.

Further, it addresses specific situations and offers specific things that performers can do to improve.

This book has been needed for a long time.

May it never go out of print.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1142 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Just got it yesterday, and was up until the wee hours reading. It's hard to put down! You won't find and "fluff" inside, just some great and useful information!
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
This book is excellent. It really is a must buy.
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
This book is so good, it's scary! A Nelms for the New Millenium.

This book is going to become required reading for all my magic students.

I wish I'd have had this book when I was first starting out...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ken Weber's MAXIMUM ENTERTAINMENT (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL