The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Meanwhile back at the ranch... So heres hoping for a few more reviews this coming week. Cant wait to hear peoples thoughts on this. As waiting for shipment of mine, the excitement is too much!
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
I cannot believe sometimes how folk go on and on and on about things that are maybe similar from 19canteen. Straight ripoff I can understand people getting all tied up about, but sometimes, especially recently on here, some people seem to make it their duty to find some loose connection to a trick sometime in the anals of history. It has even gotten to the stage several times recently when different magicians have been accused of ripping off a trick, BEFORE anyone has it, but from the ad copy it SOUNDS like the description of another trick.... ridiculous. Some people would be HEAVILY advised to watch some of the accusations they throw about. If I was a creator and was accused in the same way some have been accused in here I would simply see them in court.

Anyway, back on topic........ For me, if it has Matthew Wrights name on it, buy it. I have everything he has done and never been let down. Just one disappointment in this, for me, is that he isn't the one doing the explanation. Why? Because I LOVE the way he teaches. One of the best teachers in magic I have seen. Second only to the creations themselves.

Mine is on its way and I cannot wait to get it.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of rowland
Matthew seems like an honest guy, I am sure if it comes out that someone needs crediting he will do it. I don't believe he is the sort of person who will rip someone off.
At Blackpool last year he spent a lot of time with myself and others explaining various hangings and helping people he was not just interested in selling his stuff. Matthew doesn't know me and I have nothing to gain by writing this but I think that sometimes people on here get on their high horse and act as judge and jury. A pm to Matthew was all that was needed, but no they want to try to make a name for themselves and put it on an open forum. There is too much of this kind of thing going on.
As I said I have nothing to gain by writing this but if Matthew wants to send me a free Horizon that's fine lol
Roddy McGhie
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
44 Posts

Profile of Roddy McGhie
It's seems my Café account has disappeared since my last visit but I felt it was worth joining again to talk about Matthew Wright's "Horizon".
Where to start? I saw Matthew performing this a few months ago and was blown away! I had no clue how it was achieved and when I received one last week I was blown away by the method! This truly is a beautifully imagined and realised piece of magic. I've always been a little nervous about using IT but Horizon is so cleverly constructed that it's easy to use and, so far, seemingly impossible to break despite my amateur handling. It will take quite a bit of practise to really nail it but thankfully it's great fun to play with. Also, considering the custom gimmicks you receive Horizon is great value for money.
I would recommend getting a PK ring for this but it's not absolutely necessary.
JamesH
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JamesH
I've had this for over a week now and I'm loving it. Its just so much fun to practice with. The gimmick is well made and will last a lifetime, the DVD is excellent and the extra routines on Matthew's website are well worth looking at. I've been using IT for a long long time but I'd never seen this before so thank you Matthew, for getting me to think in a completely different direction.

JamesH
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Is the quality of the IT strong weak or average? Just curious.
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Just got this in the mail, will watch DVD tonight
Anything is Possible
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Harry the thread that comes with this is super strong.

I searched a long time trying to find it and have found nothing better.
It isn't the thinnest you will ever come across but I prefer the security of the strength knowing it well not breakand sacrificing some performances because of lighting conditions.
I recommend using either my own marvelous thread, Yigal Messikas thread of Steve Fearsons
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Is it stretchy thread? I own all of Steves threads.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

No. Not stretchy.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This is a must have if your into thread work. It kills. Did it last night and fried some laymen. Thanks Matthew.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
As I understand, some effects needs a PK ring - is this included (I guess it's not)?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
No P.K.ring is included. But you also don't need one.
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Thank you for the reply Matthew.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Mr Effecto, that could read both ways in answer to the question.lol

Just to clarify...the PK ring is NOT included. But as has been said you don't need it for every effect, but for some it is recommended.
MagicKatie
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of MagicKatie
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:01, MR Effecto wrote:

no, yo udon't need one, unless you want to do all the effects. who wants to do everyone on a demo video? not me
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of paw
Cassidy001 WROTE:

The Magic Café Latest and Greatest. Where Magicians can Speculate and Accuse for every effect to cause some drama in their lives. This is getting ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. sorry to say: it makes a bad time out of an experience which should be fun... some of these guys are big-time downers...
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:01, MR Effecto wrote:

LOL. Sorry about that. I just re read this. There is no P.K. ring that comes with this but you don't need one unless you want to perform all the effects on the D.V.D.
PX83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of PX83
Love the effect, Th£$%d work is one thing I've never really pursued but after seeing this performed by a friend, it convinced me to look a little closer at this side of magic. Already thought of multiple applications to improve my current routines.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Without revealing too much, the effects that uses a PK Ring, is it the ring that's important, or the magnet? Would it be possible to perform these effects with a non magnetic ring, or without a ring, but with a PK Blista? I have never done any effects with PK-items, but I think I would prefer the PK Blista over a ring, as I'm not wearing rings, which means I could not perform the effect for my friends (who know I never wear a ring).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL