The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
So it is the first shipping day of Horizon today and all those who have ordered from me have just been sent. Thanks for your support and I look forward to hearing some reviews.
To celebrate here are some bonus live performances of one of my favourite effects possible with Horizon. I call it Haunted Horizon and it is my take on the haunted deck. Remember this can be any borrowed shuffled deck. Hope you enjoy it. My personal favourite bit is the reaction from the guy on the third video in ..called powerful magic. It's very rare a card trick can created such an emotional response.

http://vimeopro.com/user4973687/horizon-live
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1392 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is this available from 19 effects ?
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

It should be available from all dealers. I personally am not involved with 19effects anymore.
My webshop is http://www.marvelous-fx.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
This looks great I will be picking this up his stuff is brilliant and we'll thought out

K
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
This looks great. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Matthew, that just looks beautiful. Can't wait to work with this.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Matthew thanks a lot for the quick reply. Oh I will be getting this. Final destination is beautiful and in my eyes the ultimate finale to a 3 fly routine. But yeah a not steep for me and my normal surroundings. Horizon however looks just as epic and if I can do it close up and in short sleeves, I'll be getting it.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

There are no worries with short sleeves. Take a look at the live videos here:
http://vimeopro.com/user4973687/horizon-live

I only ever perform in short sleeves.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
WoW Matthew I am sold. Ordering this now.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3555 Posts

Profile of takeachance
How practical /easy is this to get into and out of during a performance to continue with other routines
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Getting in and out of the routine was the challenge for this project and I spent many months working on a solution. Some of you may remember me posting news of Horizon on here back in March. The gimmick was ready to go at that point. What has taken a further 6 months to making it practical for everyday use.

The floating note from wallet effect is always ready to go and is self contained in your wallet. No problems.

For Haunted Horizon......one time get in and out is simple and won't be a problem at all. You can easily finish clean with only a minor clean up using the gimmick provided.
If you are walkaround and want to do at every table then a five second reset will be needed but it can be done whilst putting a pen away in your pocket for example.
Personally I would use this as an opener but it is definitely possible to do mid routine without any real issues.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok, without giving anything away you managed to be very honest and helpful with your last post. I applaud that, ive been a fan since you DVD, from there went and got your Fourseen and Love it enough to give a few other effects that I use to do with the real mans wallet. Loved Final Destination but in my everyday life I couldn't use it without damage. And now Horizon looks like something I will get a lot of fun out of.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I went ahead and pre ordered this. I havent pre ordered any thing in a long time but this just looks great and I love matthew wright products.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi Matthew,
Great effect but will I need to wear anything additional such as a ring to do it?
Thanks,
Dean
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2014-01-02 17:53, deanbarlow wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Great effect but will I need to wear anything additional such as a ring to do it?
Thanks,
Dean

that's what I want to know, looks great, but if I have to purchase additional props on top of the cost of Horizon?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
On the ad copy in the below link it does say: "Please note, some effects may require the use of a PK ring."

http://www.tasteofmagic.co.uk/horizon-by-matthew-wright/
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

A PK ring is recommended for SOME of the effects.

There are ways around buying a PK ring if you wanted to perform this without any extra cost or to practise it before committing to buying one. The ring does not need to be a magnet....it only needs to be attracted to a magnet. I have done gigs where I have forgotten my PK ring and instead I took my keys off my keyring and just slipped my keyring ring on my finger and it's worked fine.
Wearing a plaster on your finger with a magnet inside also works well.

A PK ring is the best answer though for the effects that need it.

Other effects (such as "Cash flow't) where a note floats out of the wallet, do not need anything at all.........apart from a wallet

......and a note.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Here are a few bonus routines for all those who have bought Horizon. I know a few of you have already received them.

http://vimeopro.com/user4973687/horion-bonus-videos
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I been tossing up which to purchase out of the following two, Horizon or Haunted 2.0. I been saving for the past two weeks. I always wanted Haunted 2.0, but than this came along.

Watching your videos, can you perform the tricks shown in your video you just posted without having the card or card box shaking side to side as soon they emerge?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
For such a clever and unique item, its a little annoying to see eric jones demonstrate the set-up for wearing a jacket, by not wearing a jacket and asking you to imagine that he's wearing one... just seems a bit silly... borrow a jacket from someone mr. jones..nip to a charity shop and grab one on the day of shooting...a minor point, but c'mon now...

other than that - well taught, a very interesting set-up/gimmick... and I'll have a mess around with it over the weekend...

@phillipsart - if you've never used any like this before, and you just want to animate a card coming out of the deck, I would say get the haunted effect, or maybe rasmus' version (use the search function for more details)...as this, though by no means difficult, is a little more involved than a self-contained haunted deck...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL