We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I have actually bee using the gimmick that comes with Movemint. It works great.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 14:35, djefvulen wrote:
Without revealing too much, the effects that uses a PK Ring, is it the ring that's important, or the magnet? Would it be possible to perform these effects with a non magnetic ring, or without a ring, but with a PK Blista? I have never done any effects with PK-items, but I think I would prefer the PK Blista over a ring, as I'm not wearing rings, which means I could not perform the effect for my friends (who know I never wear a ring).

I've been using a Blista but a ring would be more suitable in my opinion.
Send me a pm if you want details, I'd rather not expose too much on an open forum.
I love sponges
JamesH
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JamesH
Think I might have actually found a use for my "Tarantula" with this and everything pulls back in at the end for a very easy clean up.
DigaMag
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Can't wait... I think I should get mine delivered tommorow.... I'm so excited for this...
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 21:40, JamesH wrote:
Think I might have actually found a use for my "Tarantula" with this and everything pulls back in at the end for a very easy clean up.

You. Are. A. Genius! My Tarantula has just been collecting dust. Great idea.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Turned up in the post today, Just watched the DVD. I love it. When I first opened the DVD case and seen the gimmick, it was very confusing, once you watch the DVD it all makes sense.

I'm very impressed with this trick.

Well done Matthew and thanks for sharing this with us.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Really great reviews guys - congrats Matthew! I know some effects require the ring ans others don't, but am I right in saying that if I wanted to perform the floating card as Kyle and Matthew demoed, you would need the pk ring?
Thanks
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
Looks neat. Could the ring be replaced by something like a reel?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:

I like this idea.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Prince you would need the pk ring, or it seems a pk blister....but I have never tried. I have used just a metal band from my key ring and it works just fine but perhaps,doesn't look too natural!

Let me know how the tarantula idea works out guys, it sounds very interesting
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:

Hey JamesH,

I own both Tarantula and Horizon but how do you want to use both together? I don't get it.
Do you want to replace the magnetic anchor by the Tarantula?

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
JamesH
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JamesH
@Nikki78

Exactly that, replace the anchor with the Tarantula. The IT in the Tarantula is "locked off" at the correct length for the effect. The main problem is getting into the effect as cleanly as the brilliant way Matthew has provided and working with Tarantula IT is way harder to handle than Matthews. Its only an idea I'm playing with and by no means performance ready. Just liked the idea of everything retracting back into the hand at the end.
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
@James: ok, thanks mate. Maybe I'll also give it a try but at the moment I have to practise the basic handling Smile

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
There's a bit of folded plastic in my package with some sort of a sticky stuff on it, Nothing is mentioned about this on the DVD tutorial that I can find. What is that? is it what you call Glue dot? I never seen glue dot before. I want to make sure I'm using this as it should be used.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Yesthose are the glue dots
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 19:57, matthew wright wrote:
Yesthose are the glue dots

Thanks Matthew. Sorry if it's a silly question, but I've never seen or used Glue Dots before, so I wanted to make sure I am doing this the correct way.

I shall now go back to putting the gimmick together and practice performing.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I just completed making the gimmick, that was not to hard at all. The gimmick is very easy to put together, It's a lot easier than it looks. I do have experience with thread work if that makes any difference. In saying that, I think anyone could put this together and perform the effects.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Is this to short, I mean the thread? I am wondering if I should make this a bit longer.

http://youtu.be/1nGHFSwYpzk
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Looks great just maybe a tad longer.
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
It also looks good to see an Aussie Note!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Horizon Matthew Wright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL