The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Sapphire Collection by Osterlind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18325 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Guess what happens when you googgle this thread's title!
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Ok, so I'm just over half way through the sapphire collection.

some great stuff here guys.

For me, hands off, poor mans book test (although I think the impromptu book test in your penguin lecture was just as good) and mind reading with cards are real winners (great new method with mind reading with cards, I can see it being applied to lots of things, not just cards)

There are some other great effects like the Vinyl Q&A, perfected add a number and the out of the room selection

Good work Osterlind, just need to find some time to finish off the 2nd dvd Smile

I'm also reading the Modern mind reader book and there is also some great effects and nuances there. To remember the esp stack for quick assembly the major system is really handy using the numerical values for each symbol.

best regards,

Sea
I love post its Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 14:45, innercirclewannabe wrote:
I agree. It is an excellent collection. Actually the "Check Effect" is a super variation on one of Bryn's own routines.

The set shines like a sapphire, and I couldn't be more thrilled that he included that!!!

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 23:03, emptysafe wrote:
Seems like a must-see for everyone serious in mentalism?

Absolutely.....

Thanks,
Bryn
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Isper
I really cannot say anything that has not already been said, so I will simply say that this is Richard's best work to date.
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
I had the good fortune of discovering the set for sale on The Magic Café. It is always worthwhile to keep tabs on The Café. Not infrequently gems such as this are available for sale.
Northern California
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
"Gems" indeed when speaking of The "Sapphire" Collection!

Bryn

Thanks,
Bryn
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Recently purchased this, was a little disappointed with the inflated hype on the Café. It is without a doubt a fantastic, entertaining show and set of DVDs, with as always, great explanations. However I was surprised to find myself knowing what was going to happen in almost every effect before it happened.

It's still a fantastic DVD set and I'm extremely happy with the purchase, but was a little disappointed with what I saw. A lot of great effects, a lot of ideas; definitely a useful and worthwhile DVD. Just surprised at how easy it was for me to tell what was going on the majority of the time.

Wouldn't say it's his best DVD collection, but it was a good, entertaining, and a possibly informative (if not inspiring) watch. It definitely had nice variety.

If you still haven't purchased this, I fully recommend it, but don't be expecting this to be Richard's magnum opus. I think he's made and can make better DVDs, but this one is not to be passed over.
I write and edit text.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
255 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Thanks for the balanced review, Gumar. I'm sure I'll get it now too but I always appreciate a tempered perspective on such things.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Watching now...a lot of great material!!
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2014, ablanathanalba wrote:
Thanks for the balanced review, Gumar. I'm sure I'll get it now too but I always appreciate a tempered perspective on such things.

My pleasure, and wise choice, it really is a great watch.

I forget to mention that it is also superior in production quality (camera, etc.) than the rest of his DVDs. A nice bonus.
I write and edit text.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
The three important updates to Hands Off alone make this set worth owning.

IMHO it's the best original card trick released in the last few years.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
I'd like to order the thinner bicycle cards Richard talks about for the "Hands Off" trick -- if I order jumbo cards from some place like Hocus Pocus, will I get the right kind, or do I need to make sure they're the new thinner ones?
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Haven't finished watching this, but what I have watched is fantastic. Kinda blows my mind how Richard consistenly produces such high quality material.

The most pleasing suprise was the spectator trying to divine a card with Richard naming both their guess and the card. Thought this was as strong and cool as 'Hands Off'
MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, curtnelson wrote:
I'd like to order the thinner bicycle cards Richard talks about for the "Hands Off" trick -- if I order jumbo cards from some place like Hocus Pocus, will I get the right kind, or do I need to make sure they're the new thinner ones?

It looks like you could just get red thin ones, or blue thick ones right now. I'm wondering where Richard got his blue thin ones. Checked out different shops all around the world, no chance. Smile
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
Thanks!
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Did anybody ever figure out where you can source thin jumbo cards needed for Hands Off? Smile
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Penguin has them. Read the reviews on their site.
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
71 Posts

Profile of Karli
The effect Hands Off is great, but.....What if the card they put in the middle is positioned less than 23 (17, or whatever number) cards?
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Karli wrote:
The effect Hands Off is great, but.....What if the card they put in the middle is positioned less than 23 (17, or whatever number) cards?

It's very unlikely in the Jumbo deck version. I don't remember ever having the problem in the normal deck version with 17 because you direct the helper to insert it "right in the CENTER" of the pack. It's a great effect and I really enjoy watching Richard perform it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Sapphire Collection by Osterlind (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL