The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
My connection just cut out too. Wha' happen'?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I think that was the end. Dan said it was ending, then CUT, no connection.

The session was fantastic!

Thank you, Bob!
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
In this lecture, it was amazing to see Dan Harlan and Bob Cassidy together.

It was very entertaining and I really liked listening to the stories.

granterg
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Yes, this was just as expected. Fantastic!
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Excellent and entertaining lecture. Only 4 hours long. LOL

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Aw, darn. I didn't want it to end. I think we may all wake up with a collective hangover. Smile

This was classic! Penguin may have to slap a PG-13 rating on this one. Only Bob Cassidy could get away with taking a leak in the middle of a lecture. Smile

I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place," the idea of using Flashback to segue into MOABT, and the notion of exploiting popular names associated with certain years/decades (If anyone has any good links to a resource on this, please share).

Forgetting about effects, it was great just hearing all those anecdotes!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
392 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Bob did a great job and it was indeed great fun to see Bob and Dan together. Essentially, they just recreated, updated, and expanded his classic Mental Miracles DVD. I'll certainly say this lecture is a no-brainer, must-have, if you didn't get it already, but then I must admit to being a bit biased.

Quote:
On 2013-12-30 00:13, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place,"

I'm surprised that Bob didn't mention this, but an obvious credit of this "new" version is Orville Meyers' Tervil, which can be found in The Jinx.

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I came in at 4DT and watched as long as I could before I was pulled away by other demands. I'm watching a replay now and Dan and Bob did great work together. I liked listening to the two of them enact the jam auction while relating it to mentalism. The discussions about the phone book test, the 719 coincidence, and the newly slanted Name/Place routine were entertaining and satisfying. Though I learned some of the material shown from the Mental Miracles DVD I got my money's worth tonight. When I first logged in 4DT was being explained and there was talking over one another, speaking in half-sentences, and it was hard to comprehend what Bob was saying. I was afraid the entire lecture would be like that but it was just those few moments of simultaneous speech; I'd logged in at the wrong time. In the long run it didn't end up hurting the explanation of 4DT at all and the rest of the lecture was smoothly conversational. Loved hearing little secrets and extras that can't be found anywhere else and there were plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. Thanks to Messrs. Cassidy and Harlan and the Penguin production team.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
Who was getting on Dan's case via Twitter? I thought he did a pretty great job, considering the challenges of moderating an unscripted, free-form lecture like that.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Great lecture Bob. I enjoyed it from start to finish and it was great fun. Really like the addition to Name/place.

Best
Sean
Presarian
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Presarian
HOLY MOTHER****! This lecture was too awesome! It was phenomenal how Bob cassidy explained his routines and delivered his thinking on mentalism. Even though most of us on the Café have his works, it is still a joy to watch him perform and lecture.

And I must say, Dan Harlan is so commendable to to be able to inject humor and host a lecture without it being scripted as questions were thrown at him. And not forgetting people here on the Café that posted questions and what not. (: Everyone contributed to this successful lecture and ended 2013 off with a bang! What a great moment this is =D

Hats off to Bob, Dan, Penguin Magic and Papercrane for their venue!

Great job!

Darren
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I didn't learn Bob´s avatar secret of biokinetic eyes! , haha

Great insights, all expectations and more fulfill, thanks Bob.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Bob was great! Dan was annoying.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 02:23, Jheff wrote:
Bob did a great job and it was indeed great fun to see Bob and Dan together. Essentially, they just recreated, updated, and expanded his classic Mental Miracles DVD. I'll certainly say this lecture is a no-brainer, must-have, if you didn't get it already, but then I must admit to being a bit biased.

Quote:
On 2013-12-30 00:13, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place,"

I'm surprised that Bob didn't mention this, but an obvious credit of this "new" version is Orville Meyers' Tervil, which can be found in The Jinx.

- Jheff

Tervil is one of my favourites from PME and it's a nice idea to incorporate it into name/place. It fits perfectly.

Sean
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Thanks for the lecture Mr.Bob
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes- Meyer would be an obvious credit if I ever wrote that idea up. The fact is that I just came up with the combination and few hours before the lecture and thought close-up performers might find it useful as it does away with the need for the large pad.

That said, I believe there are several effects that have used the basic principle. Meyer may have been one of the first.

Good thoughts,

Bob
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"if you don't understand it, then you don't deserve to do it..." - that cracked me up...and oh so true...

a fantastic lecture...i think dan was there to dumb it down for the teenagers who usually only buy one trick dvds...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9856 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
When is the download expected to be ready? Is it usually a couple of days?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I could access mine this morning...about 12 hours ago...just click the "learn" button, and if your browser has a download app/plug-in, then just click that (that's what I did)...

also - just for bob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEio4rQDU5A
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL