The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Okay, Alwow. Character building and development is something I will definitely cover. Will also discuss working in casual settings.

Keep em coming!
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Many thanks for asking for suggestions. I'd love to hear your...

- Thoughts on construction of a (i) cohesive, (ii) well-shaped, (iii) satisfying act?

- Thoughts on (and demonstrations of?) pre-show work and dealing with the ways it can go wrong?
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I second Alwows character building. Also, what about your outlook on "sense and meaning" and making the effects personal and meaningful?

Matthew
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I want to see you doing an effect with the red head (can't think of her name right now)... Smile

Best
Sean
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Great great great! Bob, could you give a demo of introducing some cold readings in one effect, to enhance it? I know everything you will cover will be a gem, anyway...
By the way, could you do a 5 hours lecture please? loool
JJS
Patr!ck
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Patr!ck
Quote:
On 2013-12-21 01:35, MatthewSims wrote:
I second Alwows character building. Also, what about your outlook on "sense and meaning" and making the effects personal and meaningful?

Matthew

Hi Bob,
I would second that. I'm interested in your thoughts on how to connect to an audience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Patr!ck
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1456 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Bob,

I'd love it if you could talk about the Q&A act a bit. Not only methods, which it would be cool to see, but also more importantly how to sell the idea that you're really in their heads.

All the best,
Charles
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi Bob, I'd be interested in your thoughts on openers and using indexes along with everything else people have mentioned,

Can't wait,

Sea
I love post its Smile
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
What a treat for the festive period!

Bob, if possible could you discuss and expand upon your writings in "staging it" and performing mentalism in a stage/parlour capacity. Stage presence, holding attention, owning the stage and communicating who you are in that environment. I would find things like that fascinating

Also if possible could you explain or at least try to communicate your creative process when developing an idea. Things like "when you know enough is enough" and the routine doesn't need to be developed anymore.

Looking forward to it!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3399 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
2013 has been a great year and what a way to end it.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available to Pre-order
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=pre-order-totally-free-will
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
The techniques and mindset required to memorize a shuffled deck of cards in seconds!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Eleven seconds, actually. Yes, I'll talk about the actual method I use- which is slightly different than has appeared in print or on my DVD. And a bit easier, too.
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Definitely looking forward to this!

I am personally interested in pros and cons of spec as psychic scenarios
John
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
It's going to be a Bob Cassidy Christmas!
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1220 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On 2013-12-21 04:13, jjsanvert wrote:
Great great great! Bob, could you give a demo of introducing some cold readings in one effect, to enhance it? I know everything you will cover will be a gem, anyway...
By the way, could you do a 5 hours lecture please? loool

I second this greatly!

Also, could you share your thoughts on Billet work concepts in general? Tears vs peeks, justifications, psychology .. etc?

Cant wait, this is gonna be awesome. Probably the first time I'll be staying late to post questions Smile

- Feras
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes. Will be doing a lot on billet work.
Alberto Manetta
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Alberto Manetta
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 12:08, mastermindreader wrote:
As anyone who has ever seen me lecture knows, I only start with a very general outline and then just take off from there, never really knowing exactly where the lecture is going- except that it will eventually get there. Smile (I will likely drive the moderator crazy.)

I'll be talking about my classics, history, billet switches, psychology, logical disconnects etc, etc., along with anything else that occurs to me at the moment. Will probably cover quite a few things from my books, particularly The Arful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, Volume 2: Fundamentals.

Anything special you guys would like me to talk about?
How do you feel about the use of complex electronic devices?

Alberto
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Mr. Cassidy,

I have been using RotWD to great effect......it is one of the finest pieces of deception that I employ. I would be curious if you routine the effect in diffrent ways, i.e. I use it as a dead or alive with multiple envelopes. Perhaps you could discuss this, however I would also be happy if this technique was never discussed again, lol!

Billy
david12345
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of david12345
What Looch said and
Preshow
Would be my list

This is great that not only will the legend be lecturing and anything you speak a out will be gold but even more incredible is your allowing us to influence or even directly write the lecture topics

Thank you in advance and thank you for all you have contributed to mentalism! You are an absolute inspiratation of the highest caliber
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

David-

Thank you. But it's not at all incredible that I'm letting you guys provide a lecture outline.

I'm just lazy. Smile

But, seriously, I don't want anyone purchasing or coming to the lecture to later say that I didn't cover something they had been hoping for. But I guarantee someone will say that anyway, and others will say I revealed too much. But either way, I can blame it all on you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL