We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
If there's time, how about speaking on:

-When someone first learns you're a mindreader, how you handle the inevitable question "What am I thinking right now?"

-How you justify having a person write something down?

-As a reader, how you handle difficult questions....such as when a female client/sitter states she's pregnant, and wishes you to reveal the gender of her child, or if the child will be born with any defects. Or a parent suspects their teenager is using drugs, and they want you to confirm or deny if they are using drugs. Or the sitter wants to know if their spouse/fiancee is cheating on them. Or the sitter wants to know who will win the Super Bowl, and by how many points. Or any other type of difficult/weird question you've encountered during your experiences as a reader.

Thanks in advance!
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9384 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
While I know it is not "in" at the moment in mentalism (which btw is fine with me) I have always loved your blindfolds, and would really like to hear your thoughts on a good blindfold sequence using them, and your thoughts on bf effects today.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Thanks Mindpro. I can talk a bit about blindfolds. Good suggestion.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 18:30, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, 4DT has been in print now for over ten years and is on my Mental Miracles DVD. I won't be going into some of the more esoteric refinements, though. Just the basic version.

Where do we get the esoteric refinements?
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Bob...there are lots of things I want you to cover.
Look at it this way...most of your target audience (me included) has been in mentalism for a reasonably good time.they have read almost a majority of your books ,maybe not seen all your videos...but most haven't been to your lectures.
I am not looking for effects.
I want to know how I can make 4DT into my effect and not Bob's effect as you have refined your presentation that I have not been able to improve or alter in any way.
Most of all I am looking for your Jazz QA inputs because there has been very little on DVD about it.
And STAGECRAFT an important facet that most Penguin lecturers have not covered.
Things not to do..mistakes one should not make, things that can go wrong......though experience is a good teacher I would rather bank on your experience.
If you are going to do chronologue or card memory and 4DT...it would be a waste as we would not be able to utilise your talents and experience..50(?)yrs.
There are hundreds of things that one needs to know apart from the 'tricks'...please cover those.
One lecture cannot do justice to you.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-22 10:33, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 18:30, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, 4DT has been in print now for over ten years and is on my Mental Miracles DVD. I won't be going into some of the more esoteric refinements, though. Just the basic version.

Where do we get the esoteric refinements?

LOL- In my "Journey Through the 4th Dimension,"which is also included in the just released "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, Volume 2: Fundamentals."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-22 10:34, mindshrink wrote:

...If you are going to do chronologue or card memory and 4DT...it would be a waste as we would not be able to utilise your talents and experience..50(?)yrs.

There are hundreds of things that one needs to know apart from the 'tricks'...please cover those.

One lecture cannot do justice to you.

I'll be discussing lots of effects, but those are never what my lectures are really about.

And, no. It's not 50+ years. I turned professional at 22, so it would be 42 years. Don't make me feel older than I already am! Smile
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1213 Posts

Profile of magicman29
This is great news, I had Peter Turner, marc spellmann, looch and Patrick redford as my top four favourite penguin lectures but I know bobs will be the best! I also like bong water Smile

Kieran
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
In yor book "the artful mentalism of bob cassidy volume 2" in the 4th dimension telepathy book you talk about using common names as a reference and something you keep researching as a mentalist, what ghings do you research as a mentalist as well, and what none mentalism books do you recommend that contain usefull knowledge for a mentalist?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I would ask you to bring along Dr. Crow for some HooDoo and maybe Dr. Bob too, but from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Bob have read some of your thoughts on preparing in advance for 'impromptu' situations and would love to see one of your go-to routines and/or general thoughts along these lines.

Also, thanks for all the Café generosity and time. =)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-22 20:18, Andre Hagen wrote:
I would ask you to bring along Dr. Crow for some HooDoo and maybe Dr. Bob too, but from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!

Andre

Dr. Bob, Dr. Crow and me refuse to appear in the same room with each other. That's why you never see us together. We just don't get along very well.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 20:18, Andre Hagen wrote:
... from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!

Osterlind's lecture is nothing next to Peter Turner's! Pete's was so long they had to split it into two files...

And now back to Bob... (incidentally, Bob, given that you've already been referred to as "Dr Bob" in this thread, it might be worth setting the record straight on the differences while the whole world is watching, as many seem to think they (you?) are one and the same).
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I can't wait to see Bob's lecture. Although Bob and I have been friends for over %^&*#& years, I don't think I have ever seen him lecture! Perform,yes - lecture,no.

When I was at the studio, there were a few references made about the length of the lecture, since my first one was so long. I never went in to set any records. I just love the art of mentalism and to talk about it.

I don't know how long a lecture Bob will end up doing, but if it only turned out to be 45 minutes, it will still be worth it! To measure the "quality" of a lecture by its "length" is about the most childish approach I can think of.

Most of you only know Bob from his books - which are wonderful. I know him personally and, trust me, you will want to see him on Penguin Live. The man is a genius and knows more about the art than any 10 other mentalists together. Don't miss this.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Thanks Richard. Very kind of you.

You know what would be fun? We should do an event together. We could lecture, perform, argue, tell stories and sing songs in the longest event of its kind ever recorded. (We could even offer a prize to the person who managed to listen to the whole thing in one sitting!)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Well I'd pay to see it, just for the stories the two of you must have. Sounds like great fun Smile

Best
Sean
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9384 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 12:16, mastermindreader wrote:

You know what would be fun? We should do an event together. We could lecture, perform, argue, tell stories and sing songs in the longest event of its kind ever recorded. (We could even offer a prize to the person who managed to listen to the whole thing in one sitting!)

I'm in!
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9384 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You'll both be at Mindvention next year? Need a promoter???
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2818 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
It would be cool to see the two of you debate the positions you give diametrically opposed advice about! Not that anything would likely get resolved (why should it? ) but you are both so passionate it would be engaging and quite a learning experience.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 12:16, mastermindreader wrote:

I would absolutely LOVE that, Bob! I think, if people heard us talking things out, they would find there is really very little we disagree on. (Except, of course, about who sings better!)

Maybe we could get Penguin out to Vegas next year at MindVention and pay us really big bucks to do a lecture together! (We both are professionals!)

Take care my friend and I can't wait to see your lecture!

Richard

PS No playing the drums!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL