The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New World Order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I've seen many people here use the term "New World Order" and I was just wondering what the term means to you.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I think it means, "Trending now."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Do you want a history of the phrase, how it was used in the past, or how it has become a staple of conspiracy theorists?

Why don't you start out by telling us what the phrase means to you.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Cue tommy...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Aw come on. It's pretty universal that the New World Order refers to the emergence of global, totalitarian government. Think 1984.

It seems unlikely, as the cabal of multinational corporations that control the world aren't about to let it happen. Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Actually, Magnus, modern use of the phrase goes back to Woodrow Wilson who used it when he pushed for the League of Nations after the first world war.

It also was used by Reagan and Gorbachev to refer to global nuclear disarmament. Historically the phrase has been used in many ways:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_%28politics%29

Of course, it got a whole new life when the conspiracy theorists got hold of it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

It is on the Great Seal of the US: Novus Ordo Seclorum--from 1782.

This is a minor variation on a line from Virgil's 4th Eclogue

Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

But Novus Ordo Seclorum actually means "New Order of the Ages."

Quote:
Novus ordo seclorum does not mean "new world order."

Novus ordo seclorum is an 18th-century Latin phrase (derived from a 1st-century B.C. one).
"New world order" is a 20th-century English phrase that, if converted to Latin, would not be novus ordo seclorum.
Seclorum is a plural form. New worlds order!?
Ordo refers here to a sequence – not a system, hierarchy, or organization
Charles Thomson explained that the motto refers to the new American Era commencing in 1776.

http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/seclorum.html

Conspiracy theorists, though, often claim it means "New World Order" in support of their belief that the US was founded by a secret international cabal. Some even believe that the George Washington portrait on our dollar bill is actually Adam Weishaupt, Bavarian founder of the Illuminati. (!)
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

I'm no Latin scholar, but the online translators give "New Order Dispatched" for Novus Ordo Seclorum.

Regardless, the sentiment that a New Order has begun is central to the phrase. "New World Order" is a very modest step from Novus ordo seclorum.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I think of Hitler. Hitler had his own idea of a "New World Order".

I don't care about World order so much as getting my own country in order. Not the 1984 type of order, which is looking more and more like a reality today but rather getting those who want to work, good jobs. Fixing our Infrastructure and shielding our power grid.
Get farming back to the Family farms and seal our borders and get back to proper immigration control. That's a start.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Age of Aquarius is an astrological term denoting either the current or upcoming ... Astrological ages which exist as a result of precession of the equinoxes. This is a New World Order and as above so below. The Synarchy, that is that which the Marquis Alexandre Saint-Yves d’Alveydre in the 1800s called a “Synarchy”. ‘government by esoteric societies or by a group of initiates who operate from behind the scenes.  Note not secret but “Esoteric”: 1650s, from Gk. esoterikos "belonging to an inner circle," from esotero, comparative adv. of eso "within." In English, originally of Pythagorean doctrines. According to Lucian, the division of teachings into exoteric and esoteric originated with Aristotle. Is that which is bringing us into the New World Order here on earth. Current members of the Synarchy, like the Rockefeller will tell you what it's going to look like. It seems to me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 10:43, mastermindreader wrote:
Do you want a history of the phrase, how it was used in the past, or how it has become a staple of conspiracy theorists?

Why don't you start out by telling us what the phrase means to you.

I don't use the term. To me it seems like a term used to incite fear. Whether it's fear mongering or a genuine concern remains to be seen.

I've been reading a lot lately about about the Illuminati, the Rothschilds and various other groups since my education has been lacking in that respect. Everyone seems to be warning everyone about an impending global, intentional crisis so I thought I'd educate myself as to what they mean exactly.

On the one hand the level of secrecy needed to "pull off" such conspiracies seems almost impossible to maintain.
On the other hand there is so much smoke that something is burning somewhere.

IF there is a cabal of $uper powerful "elite" AND they do have a "master plan" for the human race, WHEN such a plan is put into effect there will be between 4-6 BILLION people that will be seen as unnecessary. I wonder what will happen to all those people.

If I were to use a like term it would be New Orderly World, populated by people who use objective values and reason as their basis for making decisions. Instead the majority of people I've known use superstition and a thought process that stops when an uncomfortable fact surfaces. The result is all around us.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

NYCTwister-

We are in substantial agreement.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
IF there is a cabal of $uper powerful "elite" AND they do have a "master plan" for the human race, WHEN such a plan is put into effect there will be between 4-6 BILLION people that will be seen as unnecessary. I wonder what will happen to all those people.

They will be called Walmart customers.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-20 13:30, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I'm no Latin scholar, but the online translators give "New Order Dispatched" for Novus Ordo Seclorum.

Regardless, the sentiment that a New Order has begun is central to the phrase. "New World Order" is a very modest step from Novus ordo seclorum.

"Ordo" in the phrase means "order" in the sense of sequence or cycle.

From Merriam-Webster:

Novus Ordo Seclorum:

: a new cycle of the ages —motto on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 16:34, landmark wrote:
Quote:

They will be called Walmart customers.

No, that would make them necessary. Unnecessary, as I meant it, means no reason for them to continue to exist.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 16:33, mastermindreader wrote:
NYCTwister-

I am in learning mode here. Is "substantial agreement" more, or less, categorical than "agreement"?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-20 19:36, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 16:33, mastermindreader wrote:
NYCTwister-

I am in learning mode here. Is "substantial agreement" more, or less, categorical than "agreement"?

I agreed with everything except the idea that, because there is so much smoke, something must be going on. Lots of things probably are, but it's not very likely to be the great international international conspiracy that many fantasize about.

As a wise man once said, the only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Which is why it is no secret.

Did you think they called it the open conspiracy for nothing, oh wise one?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Actually, the new world order dates as far back as Jewish teachings and the promise of which Jesus (according to the Jews) fail to materialise on earth...

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New World Order (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL