The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The ideal ending... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I have a cracking 4 ace routine, but unfortunatly producing the final ace of the routine lacks that finnishing touch. What final production do you use for any routines, aces or not?

Thank you all in advance!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
For magicians, I'd end with the Vernet Ball Climax.

They never see it coming! Ha!
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Magic Tim
View Profile
New user
Texas
40 Posts

Profile of Magic Tim
Without knowing what kind of patter or build-up you've had going up to the end, it's kind of hard to know what to suggest.

You might consider adding the appearance of added difficulty ("the odds are higher when there's only one ace left"); involving a spectator in the selection or production; or making a visually impactful presentation change (if you haven't been fanning or spreading the cards, do it now; or if you have been, switch to something significantly different).

Any good solution should heighten interest, shift the spectators' attention in some measure, have plausible meaning, or all three.

That may seem kind of fuzzy and ill-defined, but then again, so am I.

Cheers,
Tim
http://www.timwallacemagic.com

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.” -- Darth Vader
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
How can it be a cracking four ace routine if the climax/last ace lacks that finishing touch? Smile

I have a mediocre four ace production routine but it has a good finish! Smile

Magic Tim gave the best advice, unless you are producing them all at once it is best to build up. With aces I like to end by having one spin out of the deck as I think that is the strongest ace appearance. Makes sense to put the strongest last.

In another four of a kind production I do, I am producing four cards nominated, with one hand, and point out as Tim mentioned: "the odds are higher when there's only one ace left" That routine is in my book "Totat Rides Again."

Paul
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
OK, point taken, let me change the question slightly, what is your favourite production of a card, supposedly lost in the deck?

Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Stop moving the goalposts! lol

Either reversed in the deck or from somewhere other than the deck. Where else you take it from doesn't really matter but the wallet or cardcase is pretty standard.

Paul.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Ok, but are there specific moves in a book or otherwise that shows the techniques?

And no this is not moving the goal posts, I just want some powerful magical productions (and hopefully a place where I can find them!!!)

Smile
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
In my favorite 4-ace location trick, I find the last ace in this manner:

I spin cut a card out of the center of the deck. It's a seven. The audience thinks I missed. I remind them that this last one was to be found "in the most difficult way possible."

The last ace is found to lie 7th from the top of the deck.

Because the buildup of the revelation of the last ace is prolonged, it's a very strong applause cue.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Magnus Maccormack
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Canada
67 Posts

Profile of Magnus Maccormack
How's about a Marlo snap change?
This can work by using the "oops, I screwed up...wait no I didn't, you saw something that wasn't there principle."
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2002-06-02 13:45, phonic69 wrote:
Ok, but are there specific moves in a book or otherwise that shows the techniques?

And no this is not moving the goal posts, I just want some powerful magical productions (and hopefully a place where I can find them!!!)

Smile

Try any book on card magic. In reality the revelations are as powerful as YOU make them. Two magicians can end a trick the same way but one will get a better response than the other, timing and build up make the difference.

Myriad good teaching books for card magic are mentioned all over this site!
Then put Magic Books by Post or H & R books into your search engine and see several thousand books mentioned that show specific moves and techniques.

Jerry Mentzer wrote a book on Card to Wallet.
Marlo published lots of card to card case methods, Marlo's Magazine no. 4 springs to mind, Swain concludes a routine with it in 21st Century Card Magic etc.

I am reminded of your signature;
"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" sometimes the reverse is true Smile

Paul.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Oh Paul, to use my own quotation against me, I feel so hurt...

:bawl:

Yet, you are so right, I was just trying to cut down on the hard work... I will look into some books on productions/revelations.

Thanx for all your help!

Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
rel;
Oh Paul, to use my own quotation against me, I feel so hurt...

I doubt it, lol.

At the end of the day, only you know what is right for you. We all like short cuts and lots of people here ask for the best this trick, the best that trick, so it gives you something to look at but it still might not be right for you.

You can't beat your own research for what is right for you.

Paul.
Rapidmagic
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rapidmagic
Try the Razzel Dazzel cut, it is very very easy, but looks very magical- I often use it and get great reactions.

Tom

http://www.rapidmagic.com -online sleights and tricks database, news reviews and more!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is that the Razzel Dazzel cut from an EMCM videotape? It was called Swivelroo when I learned it from Kaufman's Card Magic. Smile

It is an effective, simple bit of flash that actually accomplishes something.

Paul.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
How about Daryl's hotshot cut
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Depending on my mood, I do one of the following revelations for the last ace:
1. The well known air pressure revelation.
2. The impromptu card rise, written up in Expert Card technique (the two handed version using the plunger principle). I tell the spectator, that he himself can find the last ace, by simply calling: "Ace come forth!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The ideal ending... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL