We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Melt by Genteishiryo DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! Review (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
What I can tell is STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!! The method is not new in anyway whatsoever. Same method as with the original linking rings, ninja rings, messado rings. ALL the same. Thay are just linked a little differently. This is pure eye candy but only from directly exactly straight on only! Nobody even a little bit to the left or the right and your caught out. The gaff are garbage and you can see the seams on the gaffed and non gaffed rings. The rings sound tinny when the clang together. There can be absolutely no spectator participation whatsoever other than watching. Save your money on this one folks. The demo is pure hype and even though the video is an unedited continuous shot it is still deceptive because the camera is held at exactly the right height and angle as to not expose the dirty part. Any movement in any direction and your caught. The dvd is pure garbage as well. Shin Lim teaches you with a constant looping music in the background that gets really annoying really fast. Not to mention that the entire instructional dvd is less that 20 friggin minutes! Shin keeps clanging the rings on a glass table every five seconds while he is talking making it very hard to understand him at times. That coupled with the bad background music makes watching this unbearable. This thing stinks from top to bottom. Stay away from this. Save your money and put it towards Messados rings and dvd as well as Shoot Ogawas rings or even Mattew Garret's Ninja Plus. All are much better than this by leaps and bound. They cost more money because you get what you pay for. This is cheap and for good reason it is total and utter garbage. I have been duped. Don't you get duped as well. You have been warned!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3279 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Stop beating around the bush and get to the point, do you like it or not?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel? Hehe
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Thanks guys I really needed that laugh after opening and using this disaster!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I feel it necessary for me to chime in here. Being a magic dealer we are constantly bombarded with new products all the time. When we were first shown this item via a Skype demonstration I will admit they looked incredible...Unfortunately what we received was a completely different item all together. It was like a bait and switch scam. The rings supplied are no better quality than a cheap set of linking rings that you would receive in a child's magic kit and would fool no one! Nothing and I repeat nothing like what we were originally shown. I feel as duped as many of you about this product. We have removed this item from our website and have offered any of our customers who have purchased this a refund or store credit to select another item if desired..

So in short..DO NOT BUY THIS! Just my two cents...

Hope this was helpful

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3013 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Paul, very admirable and appreciate the honesty.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Padraig Moyles
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Padraig Moyles
Ouch.... very honest views from Paul...thanks
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of stempleton
We need more dealers like Paul who put standards above profits and remove items in cases like this. HP is my go-to shop.
LeSue
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of LeSue
I have been dealing with Hocus-Pocus for many years not and have found that Paul Gross is as fair and honest as can be expected in this business. To read what he had to say is certainly a credit to him and his dealership.
A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 15:26, stempleton wrote:
We need more dealers like Paul who put standards above profits and remove items in cases like this. HP is my go-to shop.

Agreed!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10434 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Acar from Penguin has agreed to refund as well - good guys finsih FIRST.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3279 Posts

Profile of takeachance
And let's not forget jconstantine who gave an honest appraisal first because until then I had it on my buying list. Appreciated mate
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10434 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Jconstantine is a rock star - my kinda Café member who calls 'em as he see 'em.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Thanks for the kind words my friends. I'm about to review Red by Craig Petty in a day or so with some positives and negatives. I may post this review in the secret sessions area as it may reveal a little too much. We shall see.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Maxy
I'm agree it is POS and very impractical.
only suitable for one spectator and it should stand in specific spot.
Only it is good for youtube magic's kind.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1405 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Many thanks for bringing this to the attention of everyone and kudos to the magic dealers who make a difference and show integrity.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2306 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Funny how bad this is and the Café has it on the mane page. There a ad for it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10434 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 09:28, MR Effecto wrote:
Funny how bad this is and the Café has it on the mane page. There a ad for it.

Well the Café does need to take advertising to pay the lighting bills.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Someone needs to tell Fantasma NYC because this was featured on their newsletter today.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
516 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Once again the Café saves me money thank you!
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Melt by Genteishiryo DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! Review (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL