The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Make 'Em Laugh by Aldo Colombini - Anyone have it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have never read a review on this book but I was considering picking it up. Does anyone own it? If so, what kind of jokes, one-liners are in it? Are the lines and jokes geared towards particular age groups or magic genres? Is it varied? Any comments are appreciated.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Gerben
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
36 Posts

Profile of Gerben
I have it.
It has quite some funny one-liners. Some could have been left out, but most of 'em are good.
If you're looking for a collection of funny one-liners for magicians, get it.
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
Thanks for the tip Gerben. Been wondering out this book too. There are a few books out there with jokes for magicians. Can anyone recommend some good ones in addition to the Colombini book? (Incidentally he has put out at least two books on patter lines. Which one is best.)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4084 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have it. There are some great lines in there. I bought it after seeing Aldo at the Magi Fest. He is hillarious but remember, his personality is what makes these lines funny. If you are not funny to begin with, these lines will not make you funny.
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
A little too thin but good lines in there. For $10 I think you should take a shot. Some lines are original some of course stolen or borrowed from others but very, very useful.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I just received it in the mail last night. While there are some funny lines in it, this "book" would have been much more accurately described as a pamphlet. The thing is nothing more than a few 8.5" x 11" piece of cheap paper folded in half and saddle-stitched (stapled). Very thin and cheap, but a few funny lines. Overall, I wish the book was of higher quality or the price was a few bucks lower.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
963 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Harry Allens book " Sleight of Mouth" is my
pick of the one liner books.
At 180 odd pages for $20 , its also good value
for Your money too. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Make 'Em Laugh by Aldo Colombini - Anyone have it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL