The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I got a .50 cent piece in change today! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Unbelievable.

Went to the store, paid cash, and got a 50 cent piece in change! I don't remember the last time that happened.

However...it was at a magic shop. Haha. It really was in their cash register, so I guess it really counts as "store actually giving a half dollar to customer in change," but I admit, it would have been more fun/unlikely had it occurred at a grocery/drug/whatever store.

Still, it was fun! In a way, it had that, "You're the Millionth Customer!" kind of feeling Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Woulda' been really special if it was a '64! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Heh, thought about that, myself! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I actually used a post silver half dollar recently. The cashier, a teenager, gave me change as if it were a dollar. When I pointed out that it was, in fact, a half dollar she had no idea what I was talking about. She had no idea that such a thing even existed.

I felt very old for some reason.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I get them from the bank and two-dollar bills.
Dennis Michael
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph......=1875368

Farthings were the lowest value coin which I can recall being in use here, they being a quarter of the old penny.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
I went to three banks and none of them had half dollar coins, said they would have to order them and they get them in rolls. I found a 5 cent peso in an antique store that works just as well and maybe has a little mystic.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 09:21, MAV wrote:
I went to three banks and none of them had half dollar coins, said they would have to order them and they get them in rolls. I found a 5 cent peso in an antique store that works just as well and maybe has a little mystic.

Most big banks do have half dollars...but they will tell you they don't. They don't keep them on the main floor--the staff would generally have to go down to the vault area, and it's a big pain in the neck for them. They would rather not bother as it generally means you have to get an assistant manager to go with you, and they're heavy to bring up (the half dollars, not the assistant managers.)
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
The assistant managers aren't heavy?
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
A couple of years ago, I got 4 half dollars in change at Walmart. I guess the cashier didn't want them to sit too long.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I always use a bang ring on them.....just in case...

RAY
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Great idea Ray! I've read the stories of folks who have spent their expensive coin gaffs!

For what it's worth, after following this thread and recently purchasing some nice gaffs, I pulled into the drive-in of my bank for a transaction, and I put a five dollar bill in the box and asked the teller if she could give me ten halves back. No problem. Finished and done. And I live in a small town.

Now I have to get one of my bang rings to check them! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I got a .50 cent piece in change today! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL