The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 Warmest Year On Record (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 12:50, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
LOL Jeff!

Tommy and RNK: How do you know this? From whence comes your certainty?

My graduate class entitled "Paleoclimatology" using Carbon 14 dating in conjunction with Isotopic Geochemical studies specifically using rock isotopic ratios to interpret climate history.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:11, tommy wrote:
My question is a simple question, which you seem to me to be seriously trying to avoid answering.

All you are trying to do there is change the question.

Lets put my question this way; If man was causing all the global warming in all the world then he still would not be causing more global warming at the poles where there are fewer men would he?

I DIRECTLY answered your question. NOBODY believes that humans are causing all the global warming in the world. EVERYBODY knows that natural processes are constantly part of the situation. What could be clearer.

What I do claim is that human activity appears to be causing warming as well. And that is a whole other matter.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"If man was causing all the global warming in all the world then he still would not be causing more global warming at the poles where there are fewer men would he? "

The simple answer is "everything is connected"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:13, RNK wrote:
Quote:
LOL Jeff!

My graduate class entitled "Paleoclimatology" using Carbon 14 dating in conjunction with Isotopic Geochemical studies specifically using rock isotopic ratios to interpret climate history.

RNK

And how did that class demonstrate that human industrial activity has not caused changes in radiative forcing in the troposphere?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Human activity has nothing to do with the climate. The past three summers where I live has been uncharacteristically on the cold side along with the winters being normal. The summers are getting shorter too. Though, as one global warming activist stated to me, "It's because of global warming that we are experiencing colder weather"! Wow. I just said, "Ok. That's a very interesting take on Global Warming" and needless to say did not waste my time to further discuss the topic with the individual.

RNK
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wish we could stick to things like destroying eco systems. We have. We need to stop. Over fishing, rivers so dirty they can't be used and plastic islands. Not to mention space junk. Yes so much junk in space they have to make sure they don't hit it on launch. WE HAVE LITTERED OUTER SPACE PEOPLE!

Shouldn't need hat at least cause some embarrassment?

I am not smart enough to know about global warming. Too many agendas too many tricky models. I am smart enough to see things that are absolutely our fault.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:19, RNK wrote:
Human activity has nothing to do with the climate. The past three summers where I live has been uncharacteristically on the cold side along with the winters being normal. The summers are getting shorter too. Though, as one global warming activist stated to me, "It's because of global warming that we are experiencing colder weather"! Wow. I just said, "Ok. That's a very interesting take on Global Warming" and needless to say did not waste my time to further discuss the topic with the individual.

RNK

Bold statements. Do you have evidence? Is there something wrong with Dr. Spencer's data, perhaps?

Or do Pennsylvania summers tell us about the whole planet?

And you posted considerably more than Ok. That's a very interesting take on Global Warming"--perhaps you should reread what you posted.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again I am not very smart but how could we NOT impact our environment?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:18, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL Jeff!

RNK

And how did that class demonstrate that human industrial activity has not caused changes in radiative forcing in the troposphere?

Because CO2 makes up .01 or .02% of all the greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. Such a miniscule amount compared to the other gases. Radiative Forcing models rely mainly on plotting CO2 concentrations compared to the other gases such as methane etc.... Altering a compound that makes up such a tiny amount of the whole enormous picture such as our atmosphere to make a concerted conclusion that it's the culprit for change is almost impossible.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:25, Dannydoyle wrote:

We can on a "small scale" not a grand scale such as total climate change. The earth's position to the sun/moon and it's axis has a lot more to do with climate change than we do.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:25, Dannydoyle wrote:

Liddel' ol' us?

Danny, this agreement stuff is killing me, but there we go again!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:23, Dannydoyle wrote:
I wish we could stick to things like destroying eco systems. We have. We need to stop. Over fishing, rivers so dirty they can't be used and plastic islands. Not to mention space junk. Yes so much junk in space they have to make sure they don't hit it on launch. WE HAVE LITTERED OUTER SPACE PEOPLE!

Shouldn't need hat at least cause some embarrassment?

I am not smart enough to know about global warming. Too many agendas too many tricky models. I am smart enough to see things that are absolutely our fault.

YES! Totally agree.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:31, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:18, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL Jeff!

RNK

Because CO2 makes up .01 or .02% of all the greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. Such a miniscule amount compared to the other gases. Radiative Forcing models rely mainly on plotting CO2 concentrations compared to the other gases such as methane etc.... Altering a compound that makes up such a tiny amount of the whole enormous picture such as our atmosphere to make a concerted conclusion that it's the culprit for change is almost impossible.

Oh my. Really? Since CO2 makes up about 0.04% of the atmosphere (I looked it up), changing the amount cannot have a large effect on the earth? Seriously? What do you suppose would happen if you increased the microscopic amount of, say, arsenic in your blood?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
No John now you are changing the question to whether or not man is causing global warming.

That is not my question.

My question is, if man is causing global warming, then explain how come there is relatively more warning at the poles, where there are relatively fewer men?

Or to put it another way, how can man be contributing to the particular phenomena of relatively more warning at the poles, where there are relatively fewer men?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:45, tommy wrote:
No John now you are changing the question to whether or not man is causing global warming.

That is not my question.

My question is, if man is causing global warming, then explain how come there is relatively more warning at the poles, where there are relatively fewer men?

Or to put it another way, how can man be contributing to the particular phenomena of relatively more warning at the poles, where there are relatively fewer men?

How does plastic make it from a landfill in London to the middle of the Pacific? Pollutants travel, largely by wind and water.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes but why is it traveling "more" to the poles than anywhere else John?

Do carbon emissions prefer colder climes where there are fewer people pehaps?

Where they can lie on ice, spread their legs and chill out. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:57, tommy wrote:
Yes but why is it traveling "more" to the poles than anywhere else John?

Do carbon emissions prefer colder climes where there are fewer people pehaps?

Where they can lie on ice, spread their legs and chill out. Smile

I'm not an expert.

One fairly obvious reason, though would be albedo--the reflectiveness of the earth. The polar regions are cold, and snow and ice stay on the ground. The snow and ice are reflective, so that very little solar energy is absorbed and stored. If the equilibrium is disrupted and more of the rock and water is exposed, they will absorb solar energy, accelerating the melting.

You may have to do some reading of your own to find if there are other factors involved. I suspect there are .

JOhn
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thinking for my self. I think, the answer as to the cause of that particular phenomena, if it exists, is the procession on of the equinox, which may be giving our poles at the moment a little more Sun than usual in our “Solar System”. Assuming it is still called the Solar System and not yet been change by your experts to the Man System.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-qLUIj_A0

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 15:11, tommy wrote:

Lets put my question this way; If man was causing all the global warming in all the world then he still would not be causing more global warming at the poles where there are fewer men would he?

"Liberals keep telling me the Titanic is sinking but my side of the ship is 500 feet in the air."

"No, the Polar Vortex Does Not Disprove Global Warming"
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who said the Polar Vortex Disproves Global Warming?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 Warmest Year On Record (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL