The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » You know you are playing with coins too long when... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hey Randy,
You got to put on some weight man!!! Smile
Myself I have been trying to lose weight after all the xmas and New Year's food!!! Smile

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Very true David. Way back in grade school during class pictures the one taking the pics would always say things to me such as "Don't stand sideways while the teacher is taking roll etc...
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
When you do a Han Pien Chen oriented coins across to pay the cashier, and then decide you would rather pay for that twenty five cent piece of gum by check!
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
shawlie
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of shawlie
When you know enough to move your barefeet out of the way when you're back-palming silver dollars.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You know you have been playing with coins too long when your kids want to watch Bozo, but all you can hear and think is Bobo. Smile Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
When you use Slick-Splits to pay the cashier.

Then you are up at 12:49 talking about how you know when you've been handling coins too long.

When you know that there is nothing like the sound of two 1949 Franklin-Halves clinking together. Smile

When you have the word "Liberty" premanetly embossed on not only the inside of your palm, but split in-between your middle and ring fingers. Smile
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
When you can read through two pages of a thread entitled "You know you are playing with coins too long when...", and laughingly realize that almost every scenario posted fits you to a tee. Smile (Although my clinking sound preference would be for a couple of Morgans, not Franklins, but those are just details - the shoe still fits)
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
... when you can accurately pronounce Kainoa Harbottle's name.

Smile
Caruthias
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario
67 Posts

Profile of Caruthias
Quote:
On 2004-01-01 05:37, Curtis Kam wrote:
..or when you can't resist doing retention passes for the security cam at the ATM.

Holy Crap, I've done that.. for like 15 minutes while in line... and on the way out I was stopped by a security guard who ran out and demanded how I did it..

Anyhow, you know you play with coins too much when

..you're almost annoyed to explain why the middle of your half dollar looks copper.

..You have a permanent red circle on you BAD hand

..You realize you've Goshman pinched one of the coins you received in change without thinking about it

...You've spent over 200$ on NON trick coins
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You know you've been playing with coins too long when...

your boss sees four coins on the shelf of your office and asks about them...

and you casually do the vanish sequence from the Cylinder and Coins routine as written using the pen on your desk as a wand. Then wonder why he spends the rest of the day pestering you about where the coins went.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
.... when you drop a silver dollar during a job interview.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You know you've been playing with coins too long when:

You offer someone a penny for their thoughts
and you expect change.
Daniel Faith
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You know you've been playing with coins too long when...
Your favorite drummer is Liberty Devitto (Billy Joel).
Your favorite moviestars are Morgan Freeman and Morgan Fairchild.
Your favorite TV show was Flipper
You have a Shell collection which you won't allow anybody to see.
Vikke Matikainen
View Profile
New user
Finland
60 Posts

Profile of Vikke Matikainen
... you are asked "show it again" on a grocery store when giving a clerk change.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
Quote:
On 2004-01-16 17:56, Frank Starsini wrote:
.... when you drop a silver dollar during a job interview.

LMAO Frank. I woke the family laughing so loud! Smile Smile
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2003-12-29 18:28, Larry Davidson wrote:
You know you've been playing with coins too long when someone notices the year "1964" permanently embossed in the center of your palm.

Backwards.
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
True stories:

...When you give customers their change while classic palming to practice dropping all but the palmed coin AND to keep from inadvertantly palming their change.

...When you're palming coins for practice, fall asleep for two hours, and realize an hour after waking that you still have the coins palmed.

...When another magician is showing you some new coin moves and asks to use your hand and you already have a coin or two in there.

...When you can't find your half dollars and after looking all over for them realize that you've got them palmed. (Akin to looking for the glasses you're wearing).
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Quote:
...When you can't find your half dollars and after looking all over for them realize that you've got them palmed. (Akin to looking for the glasses you're wearing).

Smile Not only have I done that before with coins, but last night I was standing outside about to smoke a cigarette and looked for my lighter for 10 minutes (checking in pockets, around the house, in my car - the WHOLE 9) before realizing I had it palmed in my left hand. In fact, it really didn't dawn on me until, when reaching into my coat pockets again to look some more, I automatically released it as if ditching it there. Smile

OK, so I wasn't COMPLETELY sober at the time, but still and yet... Smile
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Quote:
On 2004-01-07 12:16, jimisolo wrote:
When you can read through two pages of a thread entitled "You know you are playing with coins too long when...", and laughingly realize that almost every scenario posted fits you to a tee.

I know. Worrying, isn't it?

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
When you constantly stick your hands in your pockets to make sure they are still there.

I did this all day on the plane. I was worried they would fall out of my pocket. A couple pairs of my pants have pockets where things can fall out a bit too easy!

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » You know you are playing with coins too long when... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL