The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Let me explain to you how I do tarot readings for people (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
I use the WildWood Tarot (check out the Ancestor Card)and I approach every reading as if I’m about to sound a siren for the person in front of me.

A quiet, siren that you can barley hear.

But its there.

The siren of change.

That you can, if you choose, change anything you want about your life. So, what do you want? What do you really want to do right now? Who do you want to be?

My readings are framed around this idea.

The whole reading is a discussion in which we discover:

What does the sitter really want to do?
Who do they want to be?
Where are they now?
What do they need to do?
What’s stopping them?
When are they going to start?

I assume that each and every person has a calling. A calling that if undertaken will result in them achieving harmony and balance in their life. But this calling is not gifted to them by the world easily. They have to discover it and to attain it is not easy. They will go through many trials and doubts, but also many triumphs and joys.

By the time they leave the reading I want their perception to have just ever so slightly shifted. I want them to start noticing that they really can control their destiny.

In practical psychological terms, the sitter leaves and starts wondering about what they really need in order to reach the top of Maslow’s pyramid of human needs and self actualize. The question of “what?” niggling them for days as they slowly come to the realization that they can have that. They are in control.

And slowly, but surely, they start to change and start to achieve making their life better, fuller, richer.

So, how can I as a reader ensure that every reading I do achieves my objectives, vision and reason for doing readings?

This is a tricky question because although I’ve got divinatory tools (tarot etc) What I don’t have are the standard methods of mentalism, the ruses and the deceptions.

All I have is language and ideas. Those are my tools.

So what ideas will be helpful?

How about…..

The first stage of the heros journey. The Call.

Effective questions

“Creating Instant Change” Routines

If I combine the above three ideas, using the content of the Hero’s Journey for the context of my reading. Then in a “CIC” Framework use effective questions to guide the sitter, mentally, through the first stage of the hero’s journey.

Of course all this is done via the tarot (or whatever oracle you happen to like)

There’s a variety of great resources out and about that the moment that will really take the above ideas further:

“Power Questions: Build Relationships, Win New Business, and Influence Others” by Andrew Sobel (Thanks Jerome Finley for the tip here)

“The Vitruvian Square: A Handbook of Divination Discoveries by Scott Grossberg” – Scott turns the stages of the hero’s journey into an incredibly deep and dynamic reading system delivered via the The Vitruvian Square

“Guerilla Q & A part 2” by Jerome Finley and Homer Arcana – The quantum intuition framework is a great practical way of integrating these kinds of ideas into a performance framework that just seems to make them all work really well together.

Happy Christmas
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I like your idea of the " calling ", the reading is all about them.

Welcome to the Magic Café!
Self concept is destiny..
JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 08:17, Logan Five wrote:
I like your idea of the " calling ", the reading is all about them.

Welcome to the Magic Café!

Thankyou.

Indeed, framing your reading so that you are attempting to facilitate the "hearing of the calling" in your sitter transforms the way you approach giving readings.

Thinking along these lines is as so far removed from trying to "score hits" and "amaze and entertain" people.

Sure you'll get hits along the way, but they reverberate with a deeper wonder.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Useful post. Thanks.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I like to present the sitter with choices, I do a 15 card layout that can be found in Ron Martin's Tarot Reader's Notebook.

With that many cards on the layout, it"s easy to point to different paths one can choose. Your " calling " on the Fool's path is something I can add to my readings.

Thanks for the tip on Scott's book!

Rick
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Hey?! where did you go..

I have some tarot questions for you.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Thanks for the resource info.
I write and edit text.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Let me explain to you how I do tarot readings for people (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL