The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My name is Mr Carter and I'm a medium (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
Are there any other mentalists on here that present displays of mediumship?

(I don't care if you believe or don't believe, that's not what I am asking here)
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
I'm torn between the two. Private parties, despite making disclaimers and the usual, there are always tears after the talking board.

Corporate and functions are more pure Mentalism I guess.

The only crossover is readings, which sit well at both functions.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 07:37, Withnail wrote:
I'm torn between the two. Private parties, despite making disclaimers and the usual, there are always tears after the talking board.

Corporate and functions are more pure Mentalism I guess.

The only crossover is readings, which sit well at both functions.

Awesome stuff. With a more "conservative" audience.... I tend to frame performances as such:

"Reality is defined by a state of mind. That state of mind is made up of the data received via the 5 senses. Changing the input data, changes the state of mind, which changes reality. But what if you could just start with your state of mind….. Reprogramming your own install state…. then what happens?"

I leave it open to interpretation that "changing the input data" and "changing your mental state" open you up to things like mediumship and clairvoyance without directly stating the fact.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
You'll find that under the Bizarre Magick listing, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a seance worker.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2917 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I do seance performance material and I have also been known to swing a dead cat.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
I used to be a medium. Now I'm a 2XL.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I've swung a Seance Worker at a cat !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Now look what I've started.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I have a dead cat pendulum.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 10:25, Necromancer wrote:
You'll find that under the Bizarre Magick listing, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a seance worker.

Cool... I'm no seance worker. I have no interest In presenting spooky theatre for entertainment purposes moderated by disclaimers . What I present is a real experience in which participants will experience contact with beings, spirits and energies from another realm.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have worked with a medium, and do plenty of readings. But I won't bill myself as a medium because if I do I am getting an audience who want comfort, rather than an audience that wants to be entertained. And if we just exploit people's grief, aren't we no better than florists?

(Before anyone points it out, I know that line is not mine! It is from Ian D Montford)
JMCarter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JMCarter
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 18:05, TonyB2009 wrote:
And if we just exploit people's grief, aren't we no better than florists?

I find this quite offensive, to suggest that I "exploit grief." My audiences would also find it offensive.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 17:52, JMCarter wrote:
What I present is a real experience in which participants will experience contact with beings, spirits and energies from another realm.

For money?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12325 Posts

Profile of John C
Uh oh!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I used to be a medium. These days I'm a large.

Hi, JMCarter. Excuse my predictable joke. You'll find lots of people here who are entertainers. It probably won't surprise you that members of a community called "The Magic Café" perform in a theatrical context. If it isn't clear to audiences that you're an entertainer, what is it you hope to achieve when you work? Are there particular spirits you want audiences or sitters to experience? Do you yourself believe you're contacting spirits?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Unfortunately, due to present health problems, I am unable to contact the spirits tonight - nor will I be able to take any beer either !

But I have a cat who will be the first cat in orbit if she keeps me awake all night tonight, again, wanting in and out, and in and out.
Curried cat is scoring high on the menu at present on the Christmas dinner agenda.

Bobby.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
JM, my comment was quite clearly a joke. One of dozens I use during my psychic show. My audience know that they are there to be entertained. I will hit them as hard as I can with 'psychic' insights, but I will also give them a good time.

But your reaction illustrates an important attitude difference between psychic entertainers and those who pretend that they are psychics, or believe they are psychics. Many of the latter are indeed exploiting grief. As I am not familiar with your work I have no idea which camp you fall in.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Tony, I'm curious, how do you know that those "pretending to be psychic" or those "believing they are psychics" are exploiting grief?

I happen to personally know many people in the metaphysical field and none of them (of the ones I know) are out there exploiting grief.

I find this type of comment to be a gruesome misrepresentation of many psychics/mediums/healers/readers/etc out there who are doing ethical, kind, compassionate work.

I have run into more sneaky, dirty, greedy, fraudulent lawyers and doctors than I have psychics. I understand that's just me and my personal life experience, but there it is nonetheless.

And Tom Jorgenson ... why not "for money"?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Money does change everything however.

If you wish to genuine help people Mr Carter, then why not donate your "gifts" generously to those you seem to help through your mediumship?

Your post seems a bit naive if I may say so - many here know the terrain quite well, and those who make claims that go beyond entertainment.

Are you above us? Do we simply not understand or appreciate a real medium?

The people around here do a lot of great work - entertaining others a opening minds.

However people like John Edwards as one example, are playing upon people's frailties for the love of $$$. And that isn't cool IMO.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 06:55, JMCarter wrote:
Are there any other mentalists on here that present displays of mediumship?

(I don't care if you believe or don't believe, that's not what I am asking here)

Considering you are brand new here, it would be most appropriate to hear who you are please and your background. An introduction...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My name is Mr Carter and I'm a medium (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL