The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Are you prepared? / Magic at a hot tub. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Always! I am a good boy scout! I always have something with me! A while back I was thinking OK I like hot tubs, so what would be a good trick to do in a hot tub? Say at a party! I was thinking if they have sodas, that "Fizzmaster" (hopefully I spelled that right Smile) would be cool! So what would you do in a hot tub? Smile!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
NO Props:
Dan Harlan's hand magic
Sliding the thumb
Breaking fingers (snap)
2 left hands
even Stretching an Arm (without a shirt)

Also: Think of a number between...
Thumb thru ear (the Best!)

WITH Props:
Rubberbands (don't drop em!)
D'Lite (yes it works and is pretty cool at night)
Sponge balls (They will squish in that little pocket of your bathing trunks until you are ready)
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Scotch and Soda, Sun and Moon, Hopping Halves, Dime and Penny, Cig Thru Quarter, Coin in Bottle, etc.

Why not do mentalism with predictions written on Tyvek with a permanent marker, in Tyvek envelopes? It's waterproof. Do card stuff, that doesn't require touchy moves, using a deck of PVC cards (Eugene Burger's "Psychic Sense", "Lips" with a modified handling, a simple force and revelation).
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Dave,
You've mentioned doing Fizz Master in MY hottub 6-7 yrs ago!! I am still waiting (the pop is getting warm).
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Well, depending on what is brought to the hot tub I guess there could be a few. Ones that pop to mind:

Water bottles - Vanishing bottle(ala Pace's Visu-Antics).

Coffee cups - Impromptu Cups and Balls(if hot tub is outdoors, maybe use pinecones for final load).

Keys - Key Flurry Smile

Just a few things that pop to mind.
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
I have a set of plastic playing cards. They are much more slick than Bicycles are but they're great around water. Floating cards in a hot tub might lead to nice effect.

Deerbourne
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
You're in a hot tub..Relaxxx...Just drink some champagne..Do the "Elephant in Denmark" trick and enjoy the moment. But if you have to do something, I'd suggest something like the $100 bill switch, or an ambitious card routine...LOL. Smile
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
This is the best conversation on the Magic Café for all us guys that use our magic to get girls but then run out of stuff to do on the 3rd date.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-01-02 04:16, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Dave,
You've mentioned doing Fizz Master in MY hottub 6-7 yrs ago!! I am still waiting (the pops getting warm).

Daryl,
Well have me back out!!!
Maybe I could do some lectures while I am out there!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Alikzam,
If you have a girl in the hot tub on a 3rd Date, you don't need any tricks.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I could Think Of One TRICK You Could Do! Smile!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I'd still vote for those Loops though, start floating those soap bubbles and you'll probably end up with an invitation to continue your act in Mr. Hefner's tub - and then you know you reached heaven!!

Smile

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
"Now....I shall make some Bubbles RISE TO THE SURFACE OF THE WATER!!!"
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Find the spectators signed card after its replaced into the deck and the deck is shuffled.

All you need to do is use your favorite method of card control and mix it with a false shuffle.
Then let the cards go underwater. And then top palm, then you're ready to scatter the cards in full view (view from above the water) that is if there isn't so much foam.

;)
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
If you are a participant at a hot tub party and all you have to think about is what kind of magic tricks you could do in the tub, I think its time time re-prioritize.
Click to visit:
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-01-04 17:12, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Alikzam,
If you have a girl in the hot tub on a 3rd Date, you don't need any tricks.

Third date? It takes you that long? The last time I was at the hot tub place, I didn't need any props. Smile Man, was I glad she wanted to go to the hot tub place! Smile
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
On 2004-01-05 10:14, Eirik wrote:
I'd still vote for those Loops though, start floating those soap bubbles and you'll probably end up with an invitation to continue your act in Mr. Hefner's tub - and then you know you reached heaven!!

Smile

-e-
This is a great idea. It would look totally impromptu, and then you could get back to the party, which you're now the life of.

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Devise a way to turn the bubbles on without getting out of the tub...use a timer, your friend or something and lots of misdirection.

There is usually a delay of a few seconds from the time you set the timer and when the bubbles kick in. Have the friend set it and run away and hide. Immediately turn and face the dial from your seated position in the tub and gesture to it magically.

Or...just flirt with the girl. It's more powerful than magic if you're good but then again, if you AREN'T good...
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
Ah yes, the hot tub!

Torn and restore newspaper Smile

Mental and math tricks - of course
Finger Fantasies (meir yedid)
Floating Thermometer up the nose
Learn something new everyday.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
The perfect hot tub card trick. Just the concept, no method.

Get some metal cards. Or take regular pasteboards and glue a lead weight to each.

Have a card selected, lost, and throw cards to bottom of hottub... or a swimming pool.

Go down, find chosen card... without drowning. Yeah!

Nathan

P.S. I hope nobody read that and thought I was serious.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Are you prepared? / Magic at a hot tub. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL