The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wave Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
After seeing Mr. Rubenstein's wonderful handling of the wave change (one of the NYC Seminar DVDs), I hungry for more! Does anyone know of other vids on this topic ?
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Do you have a video of the move used in a routine?
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I don't have it, but he did a recent penguin live lecture on coins and I believe he covered it again there, presumably with more finesses as he constantly improves his work. There were great reviews of the lecture, so it is probably worth looking into.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hi,
The wave change is a powerful sleight, highly visual...
I use it often in my routines.
You can see it here at 0:26 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmaYnmienM
Have fun !
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
He does in fact go over the wave change in his recent Penguin lecture as well as a new spin on his Lint routine. Well worth the money (and I don't usually buy lectures but this was exceptional).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 03:38, Lawrens Godon wrote:
Hi,
The wave change is a powerful sleight, highly visual...
I use it often in my routines.
You can see it here at 0:26 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmaYnmienM
Have fun !

Quote:
On 2013-12-27 07:58, Poof-Daddy wrote:
He does in fact go over the wave change in his recent Penguin lecture as well as a new spin on his Lint routine. Well worth the money (and I don't usually buy lectures but this was exceptional).

I agree with my friends Lawrens and PD here without the slightest reservation…,The Wave Change is a wonderful move and looks very magical. Doc hit the bullseye on that one, pretty much as he does on most of his work. Smile

*And yes, if you haven't seen his Penguin lecture yet, you should ...Excellent stuff! Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Lawrens,
That was beautiful! I was very impressed by that performance. That Wave Change is indeed a thing of beauty. I must look into that lecture of Rubenstein's. Magic Café rocks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 10:43, mrmagik68 wrote:
Lawrens,
That was beautiful! I was very impressed by that performance. That Wave Change is indeed a thing of beauty. I must look into that lecture of Rubenstein's. Magic Café rocks!

Roberto

Isn't this becoming a standard move in a lot of Spellbound routines? I'm sure there are many many sources that people use this change.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The routine as written in The Stars of Magic is pretty good.
If you can do a CP2CP to start the ball rolling you might have an easier time selling the basic premise with the fingertip changes happening after a couple of closed hand changes.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 10:43, mrmagik68 wrote:
Lawrens,

Roberto

It sure was Lawrens thank's for sharing.
Todd
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thank you for your interest in my move. The wave change came about when I experimented with methods to make the color change of a coin more magical - to change the color by waving your hand over the coin without apparently touching it. It is by no means a "standard" move, just a move. I am happy that others are using it in their magic. Ponta uses it I believe as well in his own spellbound routine. Lawrens does the move well. you can also see it in the Penguin lecture promo that MB references, listed again here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3786 (see video number 2). I use it in the trick, Ultimate Silver lint, a spellbound routine that has a beginning, a middle, and an end. On the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD set I discuss a couple of handling changes that will give the same look. I also teach it on the 2004 lecture DVD,One of the European Coin Magic Symposium DVDs, and it is explained in the Coinvention lecture notes. For those who saw the Pemguin download, feel free to post your thoughts on the review section - Its helpful for others who might be interested in getting the download. Thanks again, and happy holidays!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Lawrence, your video is incredible ! Very slick, smooth handlings - in a word: convincing! Thanks for sharing.

Poof-Daddy, I will take your advice and pick up the lecture notes. Thanks for the link MB Smile

Michael, I feel honoured by your response. I'll be looking for your Ultimate Silver lint routine, and will definitely pick up your lecture notes as previously mentioned.

Quick question: how much material on the European symposium dvd's is unique, i.e. not covered in the NYC set ?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I don't think there is any overlap. The Ultimate Silver lint routine was only on the Penguin and European Symposium DVDs, not the NYCMS DVD (which does have an earlier version). The only people that were on both were myself, Roth, Eric Jones, Giacomo Bertini, and Jean Emmanuel Franzis. There might be overlap on some of the Roth effects. There were many other fantastic performers on the European Symposium DVDs including Curtis Kam, Miguel Angel Gea,Akira Fuji, Shigeo Futagawa, and a host of other great magicians. They are difinitely worth getting.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Lawrens Goden is a wizard! One of his secrets of his "wizardness," or is it "wizardhood" is this wave change effect....a fantastic soh.

So, on the Rubenstein Penguin lecture you of course get the performance and instruction to Ultimate Silver lint (a very very well constructed spellbound routine), with the wave change - and over 3 more hours of coin magic.

Can't miss!

cp
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Well, thank you all for your kind words Smile
Thank you Michael for your research in the coin magic field...
The spellbound routine in which I use the Wave Change is part of my Moneypulation Vol.1 dvd : http://www.lawrensgodon.com/?lang=en
Bonne année !
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
One of my favorite and go-to changes for sure! I pretty often use it as an invisible shuttle as well. I love to use it to ring in a gaff as it allows you to show one hand empty, lightly brush the coin in a gesture then show the other hand empty - while you've shuttled in a gaff. Thanks MR - LOVE the NYCM dvds!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It's motivating those actions and light brushing that takes a switch from skilful to effective.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Thanks to Doctor R for your answer concerning the European DVD set vs the NYC collection. Now I have to start saving my pennies again Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wave Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL