The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ash-Diary of an 8 year old schizophrenic (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
We are currently shooting a very short horror movie with a 12 year old who is a little more than disturbed, so looking forward to this release. Children bring a strong dynamic to the empathetic response that most people can easily connect with. It's creepier and more sad in some respect as it plays on lost youth and innocence.
Yay!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1437 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Any shipping updates on these Rick ? Smile
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I just got an email from Rick saying they should be ready to go about the 20th of the month.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1437 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, AnthonyJD wrote:
I just got an email from Rick saying they should be ready to go about the 20th of the month.

WOO-HOO......Thank you Anthony for the FYI, I know Rick is slaving away getting these ready & hasn't had time to pop in here.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Yes he is. And he always answers my emails in a timely manner. I guess the project is more involved than initially realized. Either way can't wait to get mine.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1437 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Rick has always replied back to me pretty quick also. I haven't emailed him as it is what it is & I figured this one ran him over like an unplanned freight train.......but he is a trooper & will give us one hell of a big bang for our bucks !! Smile He always does !!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1054 Posts

Profile of reese
Yeah, that's right,
it's coming soon. This is special.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix, AZ
188 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Although it's been a verrrry long wait, I know from past dealings that Rick and OA always end up satisfying with marvelous product, props and routines....as I trust ASH will be so I will be happy if I get mine by the end of the month! Maybe Monday we get an update?
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
And, I thought the wait for 'Godzilla 2014' was killing me ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5196 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
81 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
Just got my hands on a copy of Ash a few weeks ago and performed it the other night. Fantastic! Of course, the book is just a tool so you have to work it a bit as with any routine like this. But all in all, it's great!
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
243 Posts

Profile of greerj
For those of you who have this: has this stood the test of time? I have wanted this for a long time, and read the glowing reviews upon it's release, but now, long after it's release, do you still use it? think highly of it? how does it compare to Room Service, or WA?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1236 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I loved the book itself as a prop. Awesome idea and premise, and I think it could have been truly great. However, in my personal opinion it fell a bit short, mainly because I’m not a big fan of the particular methodology used. That is just a purely personal gripe, I know some folks love it. Also, and again this might be personal because I am in the mental health field, but the explanatory text by the NIMH guy just didn’t ring true for me; just didn’t sound like a psychiatric profrssional would communicate about this topic... Again, purely a personal thing. I sold mine for those reasons, but overall it was splendid and certainly creepy and well done. One of Rick’s best, shortly before Outlaw’s big public downfall. (I also think it would be possible to improve the method by adding annotations and notes throughout the text strategically, sort of like Most Haunted House in England...)

Seth
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3263 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I never used the book in performance but as a prop, it was great. Another Café' member and I did an online drama and I used the book as proof what he had was really haunted. (a doll that looked like the one drawn in the book). It was so disturbing that some of his friends wanted to call the police, so we had to let them in on the secret a few at a time. Was a lot of fun. Like Seth says, it probably wouldn't pass the trained eye of a professional, but most of the people wouldn't know those differences. Selling the spectator on why you actually have the book is the issue for me; requires suspension of disbelief.

Have thought about selling mine several times, but always change my mind.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
WintersNight
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of WintersNight
Does anyone know who owns the rights to produce this item now that Outlaw has gone belly up? Is anyone planning on producing a new edition?
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
872 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, Roth wrote:
The usual chaos that is my life Smile

I'm soooo close to this book shipping. You guys will have it this month is the fairest estimate I can give. Depends on how quick they're bound as to whether it will be close to the 15th when they're here.

I did add some very interesting extras to the package including a disturbing old photograph.

I will update in a few days. No question that they are shipping this month is the bottom line. Estimate around the 15th so don't build those gallows. I always come through and this has been a brutally complex and time consuming book.

I've already tortured myself and put myself through pain with this so no additional pain is need at this time.

Thank you again and this project is just about through.

I don't remember the photograph. Did anyone recieve that with their book? I have been rereading this old thread. I think this is such typical Rick hype. An era has ended. It was fun.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3263 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
No photo here. Wonder what it would look like?
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
212 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
There was a photo of the little girl that was sent as a PDF.

I guess I was lucky enough to receive it.

Steve, PM me your email if you’d like the pic and I’d be happy to send it over to you.

Willie, I have your email so just let me know if you’d like it.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3263 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Sean Gem wrote:
There was a photo of the little girl that was sent as a PDF.

I guess I was lucky enough to receive it.

Steve, PM me your email if you’d like the pic and I’d be happy to send it over to you.

Willie, I have your email so just let me know if you’d like it.

I definitely want a copy. Thanks Sean.
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
I always liked the sound of the Ash story line but it sounds like not many people are that happy with it as an actual effect. I was hoping to pick up a second-hand copy sometime but it sounds like my money might be better spent on something else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ash-Diary of an 8 year old schizophrenic (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL