The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Asking someone out with Magic! ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mind
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
76 Posts

Profile of Mind
Just be yourself and don't try too hard to impress her. It sounds like you had a nice chat with her at the restaurant, so you're onto a winner already. Just be friendly, why not pop in and see how she's keeping? If it goes well go back another time, maybe ask her out then? She's much more likely to want to go out with a friend than anyone else.
So just leave the magic to one side for now. Be friends first and take it from there.
Just my thoughts.
I wish you all the best. Women are terrifying creatures and it doesn't get easier with age!
Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
I've been pretty busy lately and because of that, I've yet to catch her at the place working.. So I haven't asked her yet. Hopefully I find her soon though! Thanks for all the great replies. I'll let you guys know as soon as I do ask!
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I maybe a little late to the party on this one.. but I wanted to drop my two cents in-

Awhile back, I don't remember which one, I saw a performance on a magic DVD and the performer had done something along the lines of "Sign this card, put your number on it..." something along those lines.. anyway... if you decide to do the magic when you first meet or at your first date (personally, If I really like the girl I would probably bring up the magic later, during the date, I will of course have a deck of cards on me) if you decide to use that as your pick up line, I will say this - it has worked for me, I did Wayne Houchins "French Kiss" which is a perfect effect for female specs, its awesome. I said "This is your card sign your name..." and very subtly say "your phone number" needless to say after I performed the trick, I did get her number, but it didn't work out lol I was young and inexperienced, the point is, like everyone has said here, your confidence will win her over, Jay Sankey always says " chicks dig card tricks"

I guess what Im saying is - I probably wouldn't use it as a pick-up line, but I would still perform magic ( french kiss especially ) for female specs, who knows what will come out of, sometimes they want to see more and you can engage in conversation from there.... just my two cents.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
ONE MORE THING: Asking her out, via your cards is definitely a little cheesy. Smile

Not trying to offend anyone here!

cheers
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
Read the "Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene, and get a book on body language.

You don't need a magic trick to ask a girl out.

She needs to perceive you as having "social value". Having other attractive girls with you, creates social value. Being the center of attention in a group creates social value. If she gets hit on a lot, then talking to her like a regular person and not a "hot chick" creates social value. Talk to her friends first, if they give you social value then you immediatley gain social value with the girl. Have interesting stories to tell. In fact you should already have three stories in your head to tell, should the opportunity arise.

Once you create social value then it's a game of cat and mouse with body language. Read her body language. Indicators Of Interest; she leans in to talk to you, touches you, turns to face you, ...etc. If she gives you an IOI then give her an IOI back. Indicators Of Disinterest; she turns away from you, leans back when you talk to her ...etc. If she gives you an IOD then you need to give her an IOD back. It's an unspoken game of cat and mouse ..... attractive women like a bit of a challenge. Once she has given you 3 IOI's she close the deal.

Closing
YOU: "You look like you have something on you mind, would you like to kiss me?

HER: "Yes"
YOU: Kiss Her

HER: "Maybe" (this is code for yes, but I can't say yes)
YOU: Kiss Her

HER: "No"
YOU: "Oh, I didn't say you could, it just looked like you had something on your mind"
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
No routines to recommend, but if it is still available, get jay Sankey's Icebreakers. It has routines as well as general suggestions about how to use magic for exactly what you describe. Be prepared though because he is frank about many aspects of social interaction which have nothing to do with magic as applied to dating.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
islayhawk
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of islayhawk
I would possibly have used the thumb tip. With the 'asking her out' question hidden in it. Get her to write something on a piece of paper, tear it up and make it disappear then produce the paper from an 'empty hand'.

Whatever method - I will be curious to know how you get on - GO FOR IT - if you don't you might regret it for the rest of your life. The worst that can happen is that she says no. Good luck!

islayhawk
pkessler
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Advice only goes so far. I tend to think that casual is best and magic should be adjunct. Magic is alright if it allows you to operate out of strength and warmth and comfort. Don't use it to avoid eye contact. I tend to think the words should come from you, in your voice, rather than written on a note. If it works out, great. If not, then it truly was not meant to be, and there will be another person, and yet another, and yet another, and yet another. You are at the beginning.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On , islayhawk wrote:
The worst that can happen is that she says no.

No, the worst that can happen is she says YES, and turns out to be The Psycho B**** From HELL! And then you can't get RID of her. She follows you. Won't leave you alone. Ruins your reputation. Been there done that. Sometimes, it just ain't worth it... Smile

Doug
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Do the invisible deck with an X effect that Jay Sankey does. But instead of X'ing every card have her card be the one that says "we should go see a movie together sometime".
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Once again, Dougini has hit the nail dead on. I dated a model one time that wouldn't let me break up with her!! I had to temporarily move out of my own apartment and stop answering unknown numbers until she finally said "this isn't working out, I think we need to break up!" Sweeter words couldn't have been spoken!
islayhawk
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of islayhawk
Quote:
On , Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On , islayhawk wrote:
The worst that can happen is that she says no.

No, the worst that can happen is she says YES, and turns out to be The Psycho B**** From HELL! And then you can't get RID of her. She follows you. Won't leave you alone. Ruins your reputation. Been there done that. Sometimes, it just ain't worth it... Smile

Doug

Oh Dear - you seem to have had a bad deal. Could you not have made her disappear LOL

islayhawk
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On , NeutronBomb wrote:
Once again, Dougini has hit the nail dead on. I dated a model one time that wouldn't let me break up with her!! I had to temporarily move out of my own apartment and stop answering unknown numbers...

I had EXACTLY that happen. Beautiful gal. A liar and a thief. Good at it too. I finally took...eh..."steps'... Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On , islayhawk wrote:
Oh Dear - you seem to have had a bad deal. Could you not have made her disappear?

I did. I had friends to take care of things...I'll leave it right there. Smile
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Dougini, I'd like to believe that we stumbled across the same crazy gorgeous girl, but something tells me there are a million of them out there. Perhaps we should be telling the OP to run far far far away from this burrito babe.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have found (with very few exceptions) the prettier they are, the more likely to be PSYCHO! Total tweakness... Smile

Doug
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Yeah the prettier they are the more nuts they are.. Unfortunately the prettier they are, the more nuts I am for them! Ugh!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
That's my problem. I get all humpy-wuffered and nervous around pretty girls. They know it too. Drat. Ya know there is one BEAUTIFUL girl here in the Café! She's smart, considerate, caring, helpful and OH-SO polite! Her name is Chrystal. One of a kind...

I wanna meet a girl like HER!

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I don't wanna embarrass her or bother her, but here is her profile:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......ser=5500

Wish I had a bigger pic. She is a knockout!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Asking someone out with Magic! ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL