The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ryan Hayashi's ULTIMATE CUPS AND BALLS (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
The caps were his.

Eight minutes of cups and balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDoVmlMdyi8

I think he sets some sort of record here for a loading sequence.
skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
That's worth watching more than once. Awesome performance.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Really like the idea of disappearing the cups and then reappearing them as final loads... that is brilliant.
Felt long though. Maybe could remove some earlier sequences and/or distribute some early paper cup sequences to later cup sets.
Just an opinion though. Superb performance.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
So depressing to watch, because I can only ever imagine performing at that level and knowing I'll never get there. Really original and clever!
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Does anyone else feel that it was too long and too complicated? I did enjoy watching it as a magician cos of the unique loading sequence but not sure if I'd feel the same if I was a layperson.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Fantastic! I liked it - even the length. Entertaining enough that it was not boring at all IMO.

Jim
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 21:48, yin_howe wrote:
Does anyone else feel that it was too long and too complicated? I did enjoy watching it as a magician cos of the unique loading sequence but not sure if I'd feel the same if I was a layperson.

Agreed. Way too long in my opinion. Just because you know 16 phases, doesn't mean you should put them all into the routine. Overkill.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Well I think this was mainly aimed at magicians anyway as it was for FISM. I saw a magiacian do a 15 minute routine for magicians once where there must have been a trick every 20secs - it would have been overkill for any layperson, but for us it was amazing!

I don't think I've ever seen so many balls and cups used in one routine - phenomenal and made the disappearances and appearances of balls much more impossible.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Maybe a tad too long, but caught me off guard enough to make it worthwhile for me. I audibly said "f@@k Y@u" at least 3 times, which turned my wife's head to see what I was watching. The champaign bottle load was broadcast a bit, some body-angle may have helped. But all in all, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for the link!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
martinjmac497
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of martinjmac497
BeThePlunk, I agree with you lol! It is very depressing to watch! I have a long way to go! I can see what he I doing I just don't have the skill yet to do it myself.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I think he did a lot of sequences with the paper cups and then just one or two with the other sets. I think it would feel less long if the sequences were spread more evenly across the three sets of cups.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Perhaps a bit much, was kind of waiting for the kitchen sink to make an appearance. Not practical for performance in ordinary settings but even though it was over the top I enjoyed it and am certainly impressed with the thought and work put into it. Very well done.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Long-winded, awkward applause cues in a room that was too small for them, awkward load sequence and WAY too many samurai moves.

And what was with the bad rap music?
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Loved it! Thanks for posting it!
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Amazing! It's fun to watch a master at work.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Gave me a lot to think about!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
He should use one of those ligher wands to light the candles at the end!
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Oh that was all kinds of fun.
I'm with Bill, I seriously was waiting for the kitchen sink to pop up somewhere.
I was entertained.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Thanks,that was very entertaining. The guy has some serious skills!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Thanks Kent for posting that. That was incredible. I love Hayashi's coin work. His approach to magic is beautiful.

He might have gotten part of the idea for the loading sequence from Regal's routine. Of course, he takes it beyond.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ryan Hayashi's ULTIMATE CUPS AND BALLS (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL