The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » New Tenyo Elite Item Released! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I have zero doubt that one needs to touch and feel these to understand them fully. I also understand that since zig zag cig sold out relatively quickly you may not see any need for more dramatic or detailed photos. I also acknowledged that your current photos do a fine job in documenting the basic look if the product.

With that said trust me when I say better photos could romance the products and help tell the story much more.
The point if great product photography is to take something and help elevate it and tell the story of what it is so that people may understand it even without holding it. If it is rustic then emphasize the texture. If it is finely finished allow the sheen to create a smoothness one can almost feel. If it is a mysterious product use the deep shadows to tell the story.

It is the difference between showing a trick and having a great routine for that trick. While both are similar a routine creates a much better experience.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Julie, I apologize for sounding short. In no way did I mean to come across as condescending. This is really a classic and for me something I am using. I'm not a collector so pictures don't mean much to me but I understand why others would be concerned with perhaps better photos. Using the steel rod is really killer and if you can get this think you would be pleased.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
No offense taken, Steve, but I do appreciate your update. That's what makes the Café so great> we can feel free to share our honest opinions and thoughts with each other!

Sincerely,

Julie
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I am a bit confused by the requests for "better" photos.
Tenyo Elite has provided an HD Video showing the prop in motion and VERY clearly.
Technically they have posted about 100,000 excellent photos by simply clicking the pause button on the video demo.
There are plenty of moments showing the sheen and texture as well as it's layered construction.
I find it best viewed on YouTube using the Medium size view setting and NOT Full Screen.

Granted the promo shot is not as clear as it can be but I think 100% of the folks WATCH the video demo.
Just my humble opinion.
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I think teevtee was just trying to be constructive. While you're absolutely right Chance regarding the quality of photography and video that Tenyo Elite already has (it really is perfectly fine), I understand exactly what teevtee is saying. As a graphic designer I can speak to the power of dynamic imagery, and the different moods captured by different photographic styles. But again we are in the realm of the subjective, and clearly - as seen by the quick sellout - Tenyo Elite didn't need any different type of photography than they already have.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Oz,
Nothing I like more than a Hi-Res photo!! Your point of clear photography is spot on.
Over the past ten years, we tried to set an example of showing LARGE detailed close ups and multiple views of all of our products as I knew the most important thing to communicate is the QUALITY and the only way to obtain that goal was to get right in on the prop as if they were holding it in their hands.

However...now there is such a huge demand for video demos, don't get me started on my disdain for making them, now it seems everyone just goes right to the video ignoring the pics for the most part...as well as add copy which leads to 1000 unnecessary emails.

So truth is, the clear photos are VERY important as long as people take the time to view them.

Hope all is well with you and your magic!
Chance

teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Chance, as Oz pointed out I meant no offense at all.

The video and photos they have posted are fine but they lack any sort of artistic point of view. It is not ONLY about being clear. In fact some if the best photography uses very shallow depth if field and allows parts of the image to go soft or fall into shadows.

There are catalog style shots meant to document what something looks like. Those are fine and straightforward. I'm talking about something different.
Photography can simultaneously show what a product is and also elevate it and tell a story about it. Look at any beer add or car add. The images in car brochures for example elevate the product beyond a mere documentation. This is what Tenyo Elite or any product could benefit from in my opinion.

When you are aiming for a special high end feel everything works together and having beautiful photography is key to that and a lot more than just being high res.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2014, Chance Wolf wrote:
Hope all is well with you and your magic!
Chance

You as well!
I've been having a lot of fun with your PaddleCraft Black paddles. I think Shattered 2 is my favorite, but they're all great!
Best!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2014, teevtee wrote:
Chance, as Oz pointed out I meant no offense at all.

The video and photos they have posted are fine but they lack any sort of artistic point of view. It is not ONLY about being clear. In fact some if the best photography uses very shallow depth if field and allows parts of the image to go soft or fall into shadows.

There are catalog style shots meant to document what something looks like. Those are fine and straightforward. I'm talking about something different.
Photography can simultaneously show what a product is and also elevate it and tell a story about it. Look at any beer add or car add. The images in car brochures for example elevate the product beyond a mere documentation. This is what Tenyo Elite or any product could benefit from in my opinion.

When you are aiming for a special high end feel everything works together and having beautiful photography is key to that and a lot more than just being high res.

NO Offense taken and I could not agree more. Smile
I was only pointing out that if they need to see more details then just dissect the video.
Man, if I had a pro photographer on hand, I would use him on every shot.

To get back on track...this really is an AWESOME recreation of a classic effect that I simply cannot grasp how they pulled it off in wood!
Great job once again Tenyo Elite!!

ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I think the Tenyo Elite items,(Moon Spinner, Fortune Sticks, and Zig Zag Cig), photograph fine.

Here are some photographs I took for the upcoming review on my site, MagicTrickReview.com coming soon Smile.

Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Hey!
I certainly hope they do a second run of this prop because I do feel bad for those who missed out!
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
77 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
I was wondering if you could comment on the possibility of a second run; are you getting close to the needed number of interested people to warrant producing more? Thanks!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Scenic Effects,

We believe we have more then enough interest to sell out of another run if we decide to do one, but we decided to put it on hold while we work on the R&D of the next Tenyo Elite Item first before we make our final decision. Our new business format is structured to produce new items more often, and so time may not always allow us to produce more then one run of any particular item. Many factors will dictate this decision such as demand and manufacturing complexity/time.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Do another run! Please. Or someone please sell me yours.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Please don't do a second run Smile.
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Holistic Magic
OMG, when I saw this at the top of the list I thought I missed the new trick that is due to be announced any time now. Is there a way to buy it sight unseen? I would do that?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just ordered mine!! ;-)
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Going...going... Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I ordered and have a PAyPal reciept but the Tenyou Elite website still shows that I have it in my basket... it's all kind of confusing and while I know I sent payment I am not feeling positive that the order went through.
Can someone from Tenyo Elite please confirm?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » New Tenyo Elite Item Released! (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL