The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Disappearing card case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
I find it amusing that of all the magic gadgets I have, this little ($10) disappearing card case is the one that really stumps most people. Everytime I do it, the experession of their faces is just priceless. 'Where did it go?' I am not a professional by any means but I do have a few collector things. I have learned a few cards tricks from Harry Lorayne and the other greats. Don't get me wrong. There is still wonderment and amazement when people see the other stuff but after awhile, some will think about it and just assume that there was some gimmick involved. Even in card tricks, most people after some thinking will assume there was a sleight of hand or a deck set up. The closest card trick to magic is Sal Piacente's 4-5-6 packet trick. It is one of those Think of a Card types that totally kills when it works. The disappearing card case though, people cannot even imagine where it went. Some will say it is up a sleeze or I dropped it or some other crazy explanation.

Anyway, I am just writing about the irony that some of the most simple gadgets bring the biggest wonder to people.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
You don't necessarily need to spend a lot of money to impress and entertain. You do need a good presentation which you obviously do.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Simple magic is the best magic..
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I agree. Sme people thing so "technical". Yet it is the simplest of effects that get people, and amaze them. Look what David Blaine did from his 1st TV special. He took stuff from the back of our junk draws and made real magic with it.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Redfoot
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Redfoot
This is something I've become acutely aware of, and occasionally have to mentally press myself to continue: there's that point in a routine where you ask yourself "this is so simple it's surely not going to fool...", and then you do what you do and get an amazing reaction!
magic4children
View Profile
Regular user
Cheshire UK
127 Posts

Profile of magic4children
Its not about the method, it's all about the presentation. when a method is simple it leaves the magician to concentrate on presenting the effect well.
Ken
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 20:03, Redfoot wrote:
This is something I've become acutely aware of, and occasionally have to mentally press myself to continue: there's that point in a routine where you ask yourself "this is so simple it's surely not going to fool...", and then you do what you do and get an amazing reaction!

I have thought about this myself at a few points. For sure, someone has got to realize what is going on here. But it just keeps fooling away.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
That is a priceless piece of information.
Examples include sponge balls or rabbits.

They can go over as well as routines that are more costly like my
Coin routine that starts with 8 silver liberty half dollars.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Magicians get used to complicate things and they forget many layman people can be impressed very easily once you drawn in their minds your mysterious character.
Just little advice is to know which type of spectators infront of you and decide what will,do. Never claim you have special power or psychic ability because this will make them very skeptical and trying to examine everything and whenever in the future they understand reality of what you are doing or they find similar method they will laugh about you. Just say them it is entertainment thing and give them unforgettable enjoying time with your presentation and magic Smile
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Disappearing card case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL