The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Most Haunted House in England (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Really really really really curious about this one. Is there anything from Prof BC I wouldn't buy?
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Bought it, and started reading it. I have 2 PhD's but I am afraid I'll need a third one just to understand the method.

btw, I don't know Greg Arce's freestyle book test, but from the descriptions online my impressions is that they rely on the same (or a very similar) core idea. Would anyone be able to elaborate?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2014-01-02 22:36, Remarkable Marco wrote:
Bought it, and started reading it. I have 2 PhD's but I am afraid I'll need a third one just to understand the method.

btw, I don't know Greg Arce's freestyle book test, but from the descriptions online my impressions is that they rely on the same (or a very similar) core idea. Would anyone be able to elaborate?

PM,Greg or ProfBC...They,are user friendly! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
How crucial is it to use the name of the ghost hunter mentioned on the Gemini site?

The reason I ask is that a Google search on that name and the name of the rectory brings up the Gemini Artifacts page as the top search result.

Thanks
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
That's really bad. Shouldn't be that much of a problem...you just shift the whole thing from a valuable notebook of an famous ghost hunter, to the notebook of a ghost hunting nobody. Shouldn't have that much of an impact,I guess.

Would be interesting to hear what the inventor thinks Smile
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-06 21:17, Sicnatius wrote:
That's really bad. Shouldn't be that much of a problem...you just shift the whole thing from a valuable notebook of an famous ghost hunter, to the notebook of a ghost hunting nobody. Shouldn't have that much of an impact,I guess.

Would be interesting to hear what the inventor thinks Smile

Do you own the effect? I don't. So I didn't know whether the use of that specific name would be integral to performing it.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone got a review on this, I am really tempted but would like to know more. How difficult iss the work you need to do etc.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Hi,

I own the effect, but I am still waiting for my book to start.

The work on the book seems to be a lot and I guess the adding notes, marks and drawings will take a big amount of time.

The book test itself has some memorizing to do, but I am thinking about using the crib sheet.

Regards

Michael
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Compared to Dopps, it's a pretty complex endeavor. There are 255 pages in the book that need to be individually doctored by the performer.
I suspect it may take me a week or so. I'd like to spend the time to do it justice.
There is a fair amount of memory work too, though there is a cr*b that can be kept close for reference.
The method is clever and I think the whole thing is a great undertaking for any one interested in b**k t*sts.
Well worth the money to get in pro bc's head for a bit,
The only downside is that I wish the manual had a few more ideas for routines and scenarios. There is only one basic premise that
Is presented. My hope is that if enough of us purchase and vocalize our interest, the good professor will jot down a few more ideas.
I'll of course come up with my own too, but reading a manual as thorough as Dopps or even alchemist's bane really gets the ideas going
and gives some tried and true methods to use as you're getting your feet wet. So please prof. If you happen to read this post, please consider an addendum to the manual!
again though... I'm happy with the purchase and do recommend it!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Too soon for me to review but I can tell you that Haunted House is very Professor BC.

I love his book test work, I will admit that I have learned to enjoy the challenges he presents and I believe he improves my basic brain health.

First read through of his manuals while always deeply entertaining can be a bit daunting. He presents his secrets with a theatrical flair that I find fascinating and fun.

Often during the second read through you will discover the procedures are really quite simple, they suddenly click in your head, you have this warm feeling of revelation and then quickly exaltation at the tool you have been given.

This looks like it will be a reasonable challenge to create, it is all mapped out clearly and many might find it fun to do.

The book itself is also quite an interesting read.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hanks for all your replys, I asked because as you probrably know I had a stroke 4 years ago and because of that any marking up or writing has to be done by my wife , so I have to wait until she has time to sit with me. It took 2 weeks to mark up 1 L*n@ book, and I still have to do the other two, so it might not be a good ides for me to get this at the moment, I really like the idea of making it up myself but you can see my problem.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Yes George, with your background story I would leave this one out. It's not only drawing but also drawing detailed pictures on 250 pages. I think if you work 1 hour per day it'll take you at least 3 weeks until you have the finished book.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yes I think I will give this one a miss, it will take forever with my wife having to do it all, and I am still waiting for her to finish 34 & 36 for me.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Still looking to find out:

-Is the ghost hunter name used on the Gemini site ("D.Q.") integral to performing the effect, or can we make up our own name?

-How much is being charged for the laminated crib?

Thanks
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
It is a log of his personal notes into the book, so that makes it tough, MG. You could always present as - the author was a fraud and there was a guy in an asylum, prison or to poor to do anything about it - that swore it was he who lived these accounts. ...and that before his mysterious death, he would sit up with the book and make notations of which only someone who had lived it could possibly be aware. ...but until I fully go through it that is just a guess.
I'm still waiting on the actual book to arrive. This will be a project of passion for me. I have a lot of books. Too many by most accounts. Many I will never perform. While I do consider myself a performer - I am also a collector. I love knowing the things I have on display are more than meets the eye. ...don't get me wrong - I will be able to perform them. I just may or may not add them to my everyday box. I could not afford Dopp and was pretty bummed. It seemed like one I would actually use. When the opportunity came to get the original BC book test, it was awesome. I may not have his latest and greatest but, with a creator you respect, getting a chance to try and follow - even mimick the actions of the process was enough for me. I have the PDF and crib - I am waiting on the book. This WILL be on display in my collection when complete. Will I perform it ever? ...to early to say. I will enjoy the process, and the conversation piece, either way.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 23:13, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Still looking to find out:

-Is the ghost hunter name used on the Gemini site ("D.Q.") integral to performing the effect, or can we make up our own name?

Thanks

In making up your personal copy, you can change the name to call Dennis Quinn anything you like. It is a fictional name I use in my MHHiE act, and it has nothing to do with hits or method.

BC
Phasmologist
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-08 13:28, PROF BC wrote:

In making up your personal copy, you can change the name to call Dennis Quinn anything you like. It is a fictional name I use in my MHHiE act, and it has nothing to do with hits or method.

BC

Thanks, Prof! I had Google concerns.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm...

Does anyone know how much is being charged for the laminated crib? Thanks
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
It was $75 for instructions, book and crib - shipped in US.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-10 11:15, horus1 wrote:
It was $75 for instructions, book and crib - shipped in US.

Thanks, Horus. Yes but that I already knew. I'm wondering how much extra is just the crib, for those who may already have the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Most Haunted House in England (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL