We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating table and spectator freaking out (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2922 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2014-01-02 21:32, Dick Oslund wrote:
Jay Marshall always said: "Once you have the act "set", go over it again and EDIT!!!

Yup. And top-notch fiction authors and editors have been doing the same for years. Trim until every word matters and there's nothing superfluous.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3506 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
My San Francisco Magic Parlor is now in its 16th month. Every week the magaic, stories and script seem to get shorter and shorter, but better and better too. I may end up with a ten minute theatre show if I don't watch out. Less is truly more. Walt
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Imho, Derren Brown's version is still the best as far as being convincing is concerned. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
[quote]On Jan 1, 2014, alextsui wrote:

At the 2:42 mark, I also thought he floated the table too close to her head and could have hit her with it. [quote}

You can walk without that table... Can I hear an Amen...Smile
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
My thoughts are this. As a Magician who owns this effect do I see problems? Yes...The first two thirds of this was great. The girl freaking out combined with the music made it look like the table was a little scared of her and was trying to get away. When Losander first looks underneath the table the table dose not like it and moves away from him. Because the girl was so excited the table got overly excited too.
Had he just left out the ending/solo sequence it would have been really good. I think because of her reaction it just caught him off base. The two things I did notice is that he did not use the antigravity box. But then again he may have floated it earlier and just didn't include it when he brought her up on stage. Losander does this as well in his show... The worst part to me is when he took the cloth off to remove the gimmick, he should have had the back of the table towards the back of the stage and having an assistant come out and get the cloth is really necessary..

All said and done I bet to the LAYMAN this just looked really good the girl really sold the fact that there was nothing connected to the table. He is sure to get a lot of free publicity from the Youtube video. In the end I think it was a great WIN for him - as far as the general public goes which are the only people who really count.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating table and spectator freaking out (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL