The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Making an object reappear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Oooo ... I hate it when people challenge me with logic, reason, and common sense!

And now you took it a step further and asked people to be creative with the change bag! I'll pop over there and say something.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Starrpower, don't forget to smile. Smile
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Oops! Smile

And Christopher, I LOVE the idea of a callback! Nice.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Thanks Starrpower. You came to my defense a long time ago when I joined the Magic Bistro against Mr. Lewis, so you'll always be my hero.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mike and Christopher, you two remind me of each other by watching your videos. You two are very creative.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Yeah, Christopher, you come bustin' on the scene with a video that cracked me up. Those puppets were ridiculing your show, I thought it was hilarious (not to mention a great way to make your own audience.)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mark, yes I did ask for a different method other than appearing on the back, but different versions on the back effects are still creative. It can help lead me to more ideas. You remind me of Gary. If a post was not matched with what was asked directly, why make a big deal out of it? If I had to pay for each post that was given to me, then that would be a different story.

Thanks for posting your method too. I appreciate it.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I never said you couldn't pay me ...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You take food stamps?
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
The reason an object appearing on your back is funny, is because you can't see it but the children can. You can spin for eternity, and struggle to reach it.
It may be difficult to find a destination that has the same comedic quality and ease of method.

Actually the sole of your shoe has great comedy, an adult on hands an knees looking about, plus its a big surprise revelation. It going to be hard to beat that. Could be better your back.

I'm going to think now.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 19:22, cwbny wrote:
One easy idea ... when the Dino disappears, don't immediately make him reappear. Tell the kids to watch out for him during the show. Then later in the show, find a way to work him into a trick. For example, place a silk in a change bag to make it disappear. Child waves a wand then reaches inside and finds the dino.

This is a fantastic idea, Christopher. Thank you for sharing. I'm already thinking of fun new ideas using this as a springboard!

Like Starrpower, I own Smoky Mountain Magic's Magic Pizza Box and created my own routine. I dare say I took it even further than Starrpower. Not to imply that anyone is an uncreative, unoriginal doofus. That would be rude! Smile

I credit Tim Mannix's uproarious presentation for inspiring me to give the prop a look and work on my own routine (emphasis on that last part!). I ended up turning the standard routine completely on its head and making it a production! I didn't know why the pizza would disappear so I created a whole new premise, made all new graphics for the box and disc, and added an extra surprise at the end. My finished routine makes sense, it's fun, my actions are all motivated, and the "extra surprise" is a bit of magic that impresses the adults in the audience too (which is something I strive for).

I'm very proud of the end result and encourage everyone to re-imagine their magic as much as possible. It's fun, first of all! It also builds you up, it makes you original, and it improves both the art and business of magic. A lack of originality turns magicians from performing artists into commodities in the minds of the public. If magicians were not commodities but true performing artists, they would garner greater respect... and higher fees.

Interesting discussion!

Cheers,
Rob VH
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Can the dino be replicated in foam? If so, it could reappear in any number of place in any number of ways.

If the dino cannot be reasonably replicated, then how about a bigger and older dino - like a puppet of compressable foam. Patter for Run Dino Run coule be adjusted to a baby dino running back and forth, escaping - which means you now have to spend some time looking for the lost baby dino (insert fun audience interactions here) to eventually (as a variation of cwbny's suggestion) discover the now grown-up (and possibly scary-to-the-magician) dino.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Making an object reappear (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL