The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Samson Airline Micro Wireless Mic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I stopped by Sam Ash and picked ups Samson Airline Micro wireless microphone. I tried it out for a little while. Went as far as 30 feet without a hitch. Clear with no noise whatsoever. Awesome little piece of equipment from what I can see (or should I say "hear") so far.

Tomorrow will be the first time I will use it in actual performance (birthday party for 60-70 guests). I also purchased the extended warranty.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I recently compared the sound clarity of the Samson Airline Micro to that of the Samson Airline 77 and there is a big difference in clarity. The Samson Airline 77 is much more clearer and crisper. Also, there is no worries of broken signals in the Airline 77 as compared to the Micro Earset. So right now, the Airline Micro Earset will just be my back up.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Ahh well I have had mine since March 2011 and even have had added to a Samson thread .
Today the mic failed due to the jack on the receiver failing.
Prices for this seemed to increase since I got this so taking it apart I see the one solder joint is cracked. I had static when wiggling it then fist attempt at a fix - no sound/ Second attempt I had sound but then it started to crackle. I tried twice to get it to stick and having issues. It is board mount from what it looks like not pins. But not sure if something internal is going on.

So I am going over 4 years and I would say the batteries seem to be holding up fine. But then I do charge every couple shows as it is lithium and can take it.
I used to work with a guy that would change his only 9 V system with a fresh battery ever show rather than risk pushing a battery. Maybe that is where I got into the habit of charging the Samson after a week off or every other show rather than take a chance.

I would say I did not have the drop out issue until recently but only certain locations and usually it seemed to be more of a protection due to over loud noise in some cases. I am mostly in country areas so maybe have less issues. I also love the size and the fact that I can be A/C free. I don't have to worry about "plugging in"
If there is a small system like this that is as good, please pass it along since if fixing this jack becomes and issue I am not sure I going to put out for another one if I see something else to try.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I got the airline micro but am not impressed with the sound quality or clearness. After so many recommendations on the Café, I was expecting much better. It's a great backup, but nothing compared to my handheld.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, dearwiseone wrote:
I got the airline micro but am not impressed with the sound quality or clearness. After so many recommendations on the Café, I was expecting much better. It's a great backup, but nothing compared to my handheld.

As a general rule, you will give up some sound quality for the convenience of a head mic over a really good hand held.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Cons: Painful AH2 earset behind the ear. Not true diversity, not even frequency agile. Signal gets stepped on at times in busy areas. Omni directional element gets more feedback, had limited gain before feedback. My Countryman E6 Ultracardioide allows much more volume than the Samson Airline micro earset system. BTW, mine is the K3 Band (492.425 MHz)

I'd prefer to have a battery power source for my Shure digital frequency agile receiver.

Hope this helps
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I have mine for sale, pm if interested
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Samson Airline Micro Wireless Mic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL