The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Important information to say to a client (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Bazinga, my prices are NOT published. I don't charge the same for a B'day party as I do a small corporate function and I charge more for a large corporate function. My b'd parties include face painting so I always ask how many kids because over 25 kids means it will be longer than an hour so I charge more for more kids. Nothing unethical about charging the same amount for the same thing even when the customer is playing the discount game to decide who he will hire, I'm just making the customer happy, happy, happy. What is unethical & illegal is to charge more based on a racial, cultural or any other reason and NO discount.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Price integrity is extremely important and every effort needs to be made to maintain it. That does not however mean that you have to be totally inflexible in certain situations to gain the business. For instance when someone asks for a discount you might consider a response something like:

"The pricing I quoted you is based on the value I bring to my many customers." "You want your guests to have a memorable experience and remember that you are the one that provided it for them." "So, tell you what, let's do this." "I normally don't ___________________ in this package, but why don't I throw that in at no extra cost to you?"

You need to establish now what value you can add that won't affect your pricing. It might be an hour and a half rather than one hour, or present a special effect, or tie a company product or service to a trick. Again, what could you offer them as sort of an up-grade?? This creates a win-win because your new client feels they negotiated a better deal and you just got a new gig without disturbing your price integrity.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Paddy,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Bazinga!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Important information to say to a client (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL