The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen Pro stuck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

midozak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of midozak
After I squeezed the spider pen for the set up, it got stuck. Now I can't open it to change the batteries. Any suggestions?
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi midozak,

I would suggest you contact Ekuth, he is a member here with plenty of knowledge of SPP.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Michael
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks for the shout out, Michael.

Midozak: First thing, remove the plastic pen part and everything below the collet. Now, you'll need two pairs of pliers, preferably slip joint or lockjaw pliers. BE SURE TO PAD THE PLIERS WITH FOAM OR PAPER BEFORE ATTACHING THEM TO THE PEN. Now, attach one pair (preferably lockjaws for this) to the collet itself (the metal ring where you just removed the plastic bits from... if you haven't already done so out of frustration or broken threads- for the life of me I can't imagine why Yigal made this part from plastic, but go figure...) and the other pair GENTLY around the metal housing around the battery. Twist either clockwise or counterclockwise and pull to loosen the body from the collet.

That should get it open and allow you to change the battery.

I highly recommend using good quality rechargeable AAA's; while the pen does have significant battery life, it won't last a year. HUGE improvement over the Tarantula.

If you need more help, let me know.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen Pro stuck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL