The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown cameo in Sherlock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MentalMidget
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of MentalMidget
The BBC's series "Sherlock" returned on Wednesday with the eagerly anticipated premier of its third season. For those that might not know, "Sherlock" is the modern-day adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes stories starring Benedict Cumberbatch. As a fan of the novels, I was hugely skeptical when I heard that they were going to try to "update" it but, it's been pretty top notch.

Season 2 ended with a showdown between Moriarty and Sherlock where Holmes fell to his death (a la reichenbach falls) but little was leaked about when the third season would hit. With the lead actors being occupied with films like Star Trek & The Hobbit, there was a tangible excitement preceding the premier of the third season and...so far, it isn't disappointing.

I go to the trouble of explaining all of that because A. some might not be familiar with the series and B. it helps to understand that that's the kind of energy the audience is expected to have when they pulled this little maneuver...

... within the first two minutes, Derren Brown makes a contextually hilarious cameo.

If you haven't watched sherlock, I'd encourage you to check it out. Each season contains only three episodes -- they can be streamed on Netflix or any number of places.

For those that happened to see it, I hope you got as big a kick out of it as I did.
Charliehuang
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
75 Posts

Profile of Charliehuang
Here in Taiwan, Sherlock will air on 1/14. I can't wait to watch!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Thanks for the update, that the 3rd season started. My wife and me just loved the first 2 seasons and she'll be happy to hear that there is now more to watch!

Regards

Sic
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
The best Sherlock ever! I love it!!!

kiki
Horatio
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Horatio
Definitely beats Pam waking up to the sound of Bobby taking a shower! Right the way sound asleep shortly followed by the topless shot was definitely reminiscent...
Cool show as always.
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Charliehuang

I am also live in Taiwan. Please use internet resource, you could find the latest episode for watching
Charliehuang
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
75 Posts

Profile of Charliehuang
Quote:
On 2014-01-03 06:41, shoexboy wrote:
Charliehuang

I am also live in Taiwan. Please use internet resource, you could find the latest episode for watching

Ha! Thanks, I'll try and find it.
It's great to meet someone also coming from Taiwan!
Vlad Grigorescu
View Profile
New user
Romania, Bucharest
95 Posts

Profile of Vlad Grigorescu
Great episode! I loved "the magic trick" and the Derren bit.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Exposure on prime time TV!
how can derren do his walking on glass bit now he has exposed the pulse stop trick?
first stealing watches and chips, now this, when will it end?
:)
Vlad Grigorescu
View Profile
New user
Romania, Bucharest
95 Posts

Profile of Vlad Grigorescu
Quote:
On 2014-01-03 12:49, catweazle wrote:
how can derren do his walking on glass bit now he has exposed the pulse stop trick?

He does not anymore. Smile
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
When is this available in the states?

Best,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
It will be showing on PBS on January 19th. Derren Brown appears within the first five minutes of the episode.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2014-01-03 12:49, catweazle wrote:

Derren did not expose it Sherlock did. Whilst Derren had a cameo lasting around 45 seconds he is neither listed as a scriptwriter or consultant on the show. It's also worth noting that fans of the show were speculating that he used a ball under the armpit to fake his death almost a year ago. Here is one of the many squash ball theories posted last February.

http://bbcsherlockftw.tumblr.com/post/16......e-missed

This has been widely exposed for so long that even Berglas publicly stated on national TV that he did not have a ball under his arm when he did the pulse stop. I hate to see things exposed on tv as much as the next guy but I think it's a bit harsh to blame Derren for the use of the ball in this program particularly when that particular horse had bolted long before Derren was even born.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Yeah, but I cant forgive him for exposing how to steal a chip from a stranger!
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I'm a big fan of Sherlock and it was a good surprise to see Derren Brown doing a cameo.
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
75 Posts

Profile of CL
This is a fantastic show. Looking forward to the U.S. premier.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Lovwd the show and got excite when Derren suddenly appearwd
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Sherlock is by far the best show on British television IMO. If you haven't seen the previous series, I'd recommend getting the DVDs before you watch the latest episodes.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Sadly I found tonight's episode rather dull, drawn-out and self-indulgent.

Mike
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I thought it was quite funny in places.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown cameo in Sherlock (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL