The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of music do you like? And What Bands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
I like a bit of everything really Jazz, Rock, Heavy Metal, Grunge etc. I like The Foo Fighters, Nirvana, The Ramoanes, Jamie Cullum, Queen, The White Stripes, The Strokes, The Darkness, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Murderdolls —the list is endless— Black Sabbath, Led Zepellin... what about you?

Regards,

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Pretty wide-ranging taste for me:

Luther Vandross
The Darkness
Michael McDonald
Frank Sinatra
George Michael
Ben Folds Five
WASP
Barry Manilow
Feeder
Josh Groban
Eminem
Athlete
Mansun

Not too much of a fan of female singers. I do like Barbara Streisand's voice (music is only okay-ish) and also quite like Norah Jones.

Beetroot
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
I like 311 and good techno music the best. Good rock songs and such are good too.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I love music in general and music from the 20's to the 70's is my favorite era's. Rockabilly would have to be my favorite kind of music, if I could only pick one catagory. I also love 50's and 60's Rock and Reggae, Blues and a little Smooth Jazz.
Some of my favorite Artists/Groups:

Duane Eddy
Eddy Cochoran
Brian Seltzer/Stray Cats (excuse my spelling)
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Bob Marley
Peter Tosh
Jimi Hendrix
The Hollies
The Beatles
Stepenwolf
Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
Tiny Tim (when NOT singing falsetto)
Frankie Lane

I could go on and on and on. The problem with making a list of favorites is that many favorites get left out.
Music truly is the Universal language and I think life would not be anywhere as good as it is if music did not Exist.
Music can create a sense of "virtual reality" by bringing back not only a memory but the actual feelings, thoughts and even smells of a time we may have thought long forgotten. Music hits the Soul because Music comes from the Soul.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Bach
Mozart
Brahms
Black Sabbath
Mercyful Fate
Slayer
Garth Brooks
Cannibal Corpse
Ministry
A Split Second
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Doors
Smile
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Breaking Benjamin
Blink 182
Green Day
An American Liar
Jimmy Eat World
Box Car Racer
RUSH(best band-i love neil pert)
Goldfinger
3 Doors Down
No Doubt
System OF A Down
AFI(A Fire Inside)
Flogging Molly
Fuel
GodSmack
Linkin park
Stroke 9
Jimmys Chicken Shack
Sum41
Tool
Unwritten Law
KoRn
Metallica
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Soundtracks. Cruising in the car they put me in a performance mode. Some Broadway shows as well.

XM Satellite Radio OWNZ!
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If I can't understand the lyrics I turn the knob...

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
If I can't hum the melody after hearing it I turn the knob.

Howard
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Lyrics mean nothing to me. I can listen to a song that I love a million times and not know what it is about! My wife is the opposite.

My very favorite type of music is shoegazer stuff.

Catherine Wheel, My Bloody Valentine, Ride. But lately I've been listening to loungy electronic stuff.
Blue States, Air
If you could suggest something new that you think I might like please do!

Can I also say that I think Beetroot is hillarious!
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Almost anything minus country and blue grass.

I will listen to punk, hardcore and all that (but I can't stand that death metal stuff).

Hip-hop, but I hate Half A Dollar (a.k.a. 50 Cent) that guy is a complete joke.

Lately I have been listening to Thrice a lot...like every day. I try and switch cd's then I start thinking of one of there songs and put the cd back in.

Also listen to alot of techno and stuff. Just a big mix of different things I like. Oh I suggest getting a copy of Alkaline Trio's From Here to Infirmary. Just listen to Trucks and Trains. I only like 2 songs from them but Trucks and Trains has such a good rhythm to it.

Chris
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Alice in Chains and other Seattle based grunge.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Quote:
On 2003-12-31 15:52, vinsmagic wrote:
If I can't understand the lyrics I turn the knob...
vinny

HAHA vinny...
I like Metallica (Seeing them in March for the third time Whoo Hoo), Korn, System of a Down, Staind, Ramstein, HIM, and almost any other rock and roll. I like The Doors, Hendrix, Iron Maiden, Dio, Led Zeplin...

Most Rap I can't stand, but I am a music lover, so I listen to everything. Some rap artists like Outkast I really dig, because of their funky style and it's different and they aren't trying to be like everyone else. Snoops alright Ludacris is alright.

I love music, so whatever kind is on I will listen to.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Other people I didn't mention. Alice in Chains, Mettalica, Mudhoney, L7, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Stereophonics, Starsailor, Machine Head, Hole, Staind, Korn, System Of A Down, Wasp, Saxon, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy. And like astinus said Any Seattle-based music. It rocks. Anything from Seattle sounds great.

Luke Smile Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
The big bands, like Duke Ellington and Count Basie.
Even though I wasn't born then (!!), film music from the thirties.
Scott Joplin's Rag time pieces.

Playing jazz and ragtime on the piano myself, I love listening to Teddy Wilson and Eubie Blake and lot of the other guys.

Sven
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Quote:
On 2003-12-31 16:01, zeroG wrote:
Lyrics mean nothing to me. I can listen to a song that I love a million times and not know what it is about! My wife is the opposite.

It's pretty similar with me and my wife.

I also forgot to say I like Glen Campbell which is one of the few things my wife refuses to tolerate.

Quote:
On 2003-12-31 16:01, zeroG wrote:
Can I also say that I think Beetroot is hillarious!

Really? My wife think's I've got a funny face.

Beetroot
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Zero. You said lyrics mean nothing to you.

If you were around in the 1940s during World War II, the lyrics meant very much to the men and women who were overseas.

Just one example since it is the season
I'll be home for Christmas. And yes you are correct in saying you could listen to a melody thousands of times. I do the same myself.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2003-12-31 13:46, denny_Corby wrote:
..Tool

Tool is amazing...

NIN
Metallica
RATM
Guns N' Roses - AFD is probly the greatest CD ever
Hendrix
Iron Madien
slayer
Kiss - rules

Lee
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
I listen a lot to contemporary Christian music - Switchfoot, Sonic Flood, etc.

I also like listening to Mandy Moore's music. A lot.

I hate rap with all my heart. IMO it's just plain stupid. I dislike all rappers, they're all so annoying as well. Jay-Z, Eminem, OutKast, 50Cent, Ja-Rule, etc. You get the picture.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Metal, rock, blues...guitar music basically.

Black Sabbath and Cream are my favourite bands.

Luke Sheratt: How dare you insult some very good bands in your list by including 'Jamie Cullum'. He is just another product of pop dressed up as a genuine musician. Ditto Michael ('I'm the new Sinatra') Buble. Yuck. Almost all modern music (AKA rap, hip hop, pop) is talentless rubbish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of music do you like? And What Bands? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL