The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New reason to be thankful for the memdeck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I had a parlor/close up gig last night and sometimes when people come up and talk to me afterwards I stick around and do a few more effects for them and hopefully give them a businesscard.

This time two guys in wheelchairs came to my table as I was packing up. They were in their mid twenties and they each had a personal assistant with them as they both had some kind of CP injury. Very friendly guys and they wanted to see a few more effects. I love to let the spectators handle the deck, shuffle, pick cards - you name it. But with these guys, that wouldn't work. Fortunately I had finished my set with 'A subtle game' - the deck was stacked and ready!
I just launched off and they could just think of cards instead of picking them whenever necessary, also adding to the effects. We all had great fun and they both were very happy.

One of them told me he had always loved magic but never felt so involved before, he had always been a passive spectator. Then he proceeded to almost move me to tears when he said he always wanted to learn a few tricks but never had the possibility because his hands were so rigid, one of them being locked in an inward position. I taught him 'Poker Players Picnic' and told him to look up Wayne Dobson if he was serious about getting into magic. Who knows, maybe he will even be a memdeck worker in the future. Smile

Anyways, I was glad I had the memdeck in my arsenal tonight. Just a little feelgood story (I hope).
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Feelgood story? Boy, it worked!
Thanks for sharing... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
942 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Awesome story! You're a good man.

Mike
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
This is a wonderful story. Thank you.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New reason to be thankful for the memdeck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL