The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Regular protea deck (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Where can I get a regular protea deck here in Florida?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Do you mean their 333 deck (used for 'Phil?')

e
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
No ... the regular one ... I want to end clean but they were out last time I contacted them overseas ... Is there a dealer here?

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 12:01 am
No one?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Not that I'm aware of. I contacted the company in South Africa a couple of years back in an effort to order a large quantity of their decks.
They were remarkably indifferent (I'm being polite).

I have an alternative for you that may work.
I'll PM you to keep this 'off the air.'

e
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Why not use Phoenix?
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Dave are you talking about the orginial Phoenix deck that was offered through Haines House of Cards during the 1950s and 1960s or a newer version? I Asked Haines to make me up one of the early style which they did only because they still had the orginial instructions in the archive. I was also the first person to buy one in 25 years.

Slim, Haines is in Norwood, Ohio give them a call they may be able to help. They are around the corner from US Playing Card. While Ronald Haines is no longer with us his wife Betty still can make special decks up by request. Many may not know that they were the ones who made Fox Lake and supplied much of the card magic to the industry at one point before the advent of the net. There website is week at best and since its an old school magic shop you will need to call them. There phone can be found on line. I had a couple of other specail old decks made up that were designed by Hall Haines has the rights to make that have not been seen in decades. You just got to ask. Also the cost at that time a few years ago was about 20 to 25 per deck and well worth it. Just do not do what I did and forget where you put them or use them to make another deck special deck thinking that the pop eyed popper was just a regular deck. Did that a couple of times.
Stavros
View Profile
New user
Cyprus
10 Posts

Profile of Stavros
Hi guys,

Did anybody find a source for the Protea 333 decks?

Thank you
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Just out of curiosity, what's so special about these decks?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 29, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what's so special about these decks?

A good question to ask in Inner Thoughts.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just want to be clean at the end .... PM me matthew and I'll PHIL you in ... Smile Smile Smile Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 30, 2014, Slim King wrote:
I just want to be clean at the end .... PM me matthew and I'll PHIL you in ... Smile Smile Smile Smile

Order the Phoenix DD - far superior to Protea in every respect (104 reasons as a matter of fact)

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=142

PM me Slim if you have questions.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
One can buy regular Protea decks from the manufacturer at about $1.00 US per deck. Minumum order is 50 decks. (Shipping additional.)
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
191 Posts

Profile of pourang65
Cheers
Pourang
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK ... Anyone want to go in on 50 with me? Smile
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I just want to know the reason you don't want to get a regular and Dd Phoenix Smile
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Me too - makes little sense but what do I know lol???

With Phoenix you get 104 cards that are th****r and better made with a complete deck with zero limitations. Protea not so much.

Oh well - go buy 50 decks then and you could always give 'em away for the holidays.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3949 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I already have four separate routines set up using these decks. It's Basically the only card stuff I do in Mentalism. It would easily be worth $50 to end clean on these four effects. I try to always end clean and allow the audience the opportunity to handle anything they wish.
Smile
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
This might be worth the effort if others were interested in the regular decks. With shipping from Africa... plus shipping to those interested, the price would probably hit about $4.00 a deck. Then again, I got shafted by at least one Café member (no one in this thread) who asked me to buy some lectture notes, then never replied to my PMs after I paid for the notes. It's a rather tricky thing, dealing with folks on the net. If one bought some blank-faced decks as well, they could be used quite well in corporate or trade show work. Just thinking out loud.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well ... $200 is a bit different than $50... so I guess I'll just buy one at a time. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Regular protea deck (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL