The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Summit, a new mentalism convention announced for Europe. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 19:53, Jumbopenny wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 18:58, Sealegs wrote:
Aukt wrote; “I thought, given the price is double that of mindvention, that maybe it included accommodation.”

Nope that’s just what we pay for stuff in Europe. By comparison virtually everything is way more expensive over here.

You guys just don’t know how good you have it. Smile

You're not joking. I spent a month throughout Europe recently, and gasoline is approaching the equivalent of $8 US/ gallon. Yikes! That explains why there are so many tiny cars over there. Wondering when the US will follow suit.

Well, I've done the maths on the registration fee, the hotel, and the flight, and it's virtually the same price for me to fly from the uk to vegas for mindvention as it is for me to go to this one on my doorstep, so I think I'll choose the desert this time around.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Sounds great, If this is an annual thing, maybe it could rotate around different countries in Europe Smile
Starting off with Ireland next year !!
I love post its Smile
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your interest in this event! We're really looking forward to it and are absolutely excited about the presenters that will lecture.

As for the costs: we're currently in further negotiations with the event location because we found a way that we don't have to rent the event technology from the hotel. Bringing all sound, lighting and projector technology on our own could reduce the room rental noticeable ... and we could redirect the savings achieved to the registration fees (all those who already registered could expect a partial refund obviously).
Within the next two days we'll know details - but we're full of confidence! Smile

Stay tuned!

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 13:27, seamagu wrote:
Sounds great, If this is an annual thing, maybe it could rotate around different countries in Europe Smile
Starting off with Ireland next year !!

Yes, we intend to make this an annual event. But as it is an All-European convention we tried to locate it as near to Europe's centre as possible for all interested attendees.
So if you take a map of Europe and search for its centre, ... you will find that Cologne is pretty near by! Smile

Cheers
Th.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Cologne is an awesome city. Spent 4 months there while working in Germany on the Geller show. Easy access to so many other areas too.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Good News! As Thomas mentioned we were able to do better with the hotel and registration prices for Mind Summit are as follows...

Convention Reg 385 euros
register before March 8 for only $350 Euros

Remember that registration includes lunch and coffee/soda/snacks for Mon & Tue.

Mind Summit on Facebook
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
With the original pricing - wasn't there a $50 gap between the earlybird and the later registration? Or am I remembering wrong?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Price goes down, discount goes down. Makes perfect sense.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I think it's awesome that the people organizing this are giving discounts they are getting from the hotel back to their customers and not increasing their winnings.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 15:56, aukt wrote:
With the original pricing - wasn't there a $50 gap between the earlybird and the later registration? Or am I remembering wrong?

Original pricing was 425 euro... early registration 400 euros... 25 euro gap
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
My error danny sorry. looks great.
Bijan
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
45 Posts

Profile of Bijan
Wow that sounds really great.
Thank you for the discount. Smile
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
341 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Will there be translation from English to German? I honestly hope not. I guess everyone in mentalism has sufficient knowledge of English. A lot gets lost in translation anyway... not only information but also time. It would be nice to get two hours worth of information in a two hour lecture.
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 02:58, Bartelli wrote:
Will there be translation from English to German?

No. Even if hosted in Germany this is an international convention and the common language is English.
Some of those potentially interested may regret this; but as you stated correctly the disadvantages of a translation procedure outweigh from our point of view. So all lectures, workshops, panel talks and discussions as well as the shows will be in English language only without translation.

Cheers
Th.
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
341 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Great! Count me in.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
You're in!
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Pleased to announce that Pete Poskiparta (aka Peter Burnside) will be presenting at the Summit. Peter has performed as a professional mentalist for over 15 years. He is one of the most sought-after performers for corporate events in Finland and scandinavian countries. As a performer, he is charismatic,and he really knows how to captivate his audience, whether big or small, domestic or international.

Peter has done over 70 episodes of mentalism for radio but his career on the radio, however, extends far beyond this, starting at the end of the 1990s when he worked on the radio as a sports commentator and to hosting other radio programs. He really knows how radio works and what kind of material works on radio and why. How to get the best out of your radio performances? Peter will tell you Top 10 tips for radiomentalism.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Had a chat with Danny yesterday. What a great convention this will be. The "names" he has lined up already are fantastic. You won't be disappointed.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks Joe... looking forward to when we can get you to present...
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Is there going to be a.... "Marketplace" with different items, books? Smile

- John
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
542 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
*of topic*

Are mentalists heads that heavy, they have to be supported?

Have a look at the avatars of Stephen Young, Danny Archer and John Linden...

Couldn't resist...

*Back on topic*
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Summit, a new mentalism convention announced for Europe. (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL