The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Max Krause showed me this effect over Skype. I find it interesting, I have to say it would kill layman , very direct.

Skype him at: sleightofhand1971, interested in what some of you guys think.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I don't Skype, and even if I did I would not want to bother Max just to find out what "The One" is.

Can you please give us a summary of what the effect is?

I like Max Krause's stuff in general.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Max has asked me not to describe the effect but is more or
less looking for feedback.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Can you state the category - cards, mentalism, parlor/stage, etc...?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
All of the above, stage if you have a projector lol
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Max is a guy who really loves to show his products to make sure that you know what you are getting into. I have skyped him on various occasions to see new things and just to chat and he prefers people to know what they are getting before they make the investment.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just skyped with Max over THE ONE,without saying too much,it is cards,but this is probably one of the strongest pieces of magic you can do with a deck of cards in a repertoire,for strolling,close up,mentalism,stage with a projector it can be in your top 3 effects in your repertoire, no doubt

skype max to find out what it is very clever effect.........lets just say that it will blow other effects like these out of the water.

after you perform this effect you end clean, and the deck can be used for other effects.

as always Max likes to show you first, and do all his research.....then he will decide to put out a product or not, I think you should skype Max to see what all the fuss is about.

Max told me that he will be doing this effect for the rest of his life, and I don't doubt him, I would to.

nice way to kick off 2014.

thanks Max

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
merlins1nd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of merlins1nd
I can't realy say much more than what BMW GUY said to be fair. He summed it up perfectly.

I just had a long chat with max over Skype and he showed me the one.
It is a very practical way of performing this type of effect. And works like a dream.

For a worker like myself it will fit right in... As always max has done it again. Grrr. Just kidding well done max. Great thinking.

I will be getting one of these and adding it right away. Thanks for showing me max. Smile

I will be using THE ONE!!
The Spiral Princple & Beyond DVD out 17th Feb 2012 @ www.leathalweapons.co.uk and Blackpool
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Same here. max showed me this routine and it is such a clean routine. It is straight forward and no messing around. Very strong, and I will most likely be adding this to my tricks to do. ba da da da da lovein it
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think Max has his next hit on his hands ...

He described the whole effect to me yesterday and this should be a powerhouse of a card effect, clean as a whistle.

I was able to guess certain elements when he went over it, but as usual with Max it is the ingenious way in which he combines and layers concepts. The end result sounds fantastic!

One small sleight needed, with a deck that seems "ordinary" but isn't.

I think Max should chime in *soon* as all this teasing is probably gonna drive everyone a little nuts Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I Skyped with Max earlier and he showed me "The One".

I think it won't be too long before he releases a description and/or demo video, but he did give me the OK to give a few details about it...

There are several different ways to present the effect. It is a card effect, and involves having the spectator freely name ANY card, and then something magical happens. This is super clean, direct, fair, and straightforward.

I guessed at a couple basic components of the method, but as usual Max has taken this to his own level of thought and insight, creating a very useful and easy-to-use gimmicked deck.

What's really cool is that the deck can still be used as a normal deck for other routines - it's not a one trick pony. It will also be very easy to do the main "ONE" routine.

Max will be selling this with the deck already made up for you, but also will be providing full instructions on how to make your own, so you can use any back design you like, if you're into stuff other than Bikes.

Overall this is a really clever and clean effect with a lot of potential. I'll definitely be exploring the possibilities.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
This is good. A nice, simple premise that will hit a lay person hard!
Might another performer deduce some of what's going on? Possibly. So if you only perform for other ''performers,' this may not be for you.
But if you want a nice quick 'blow to the mind' card effect, Max has a good one here!

e
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I should also add -

When I was Skyping with Max, he was in his Magic Shop. Right after he performed it for me via webcam, a customer walked into the shop, so he took a quick break from our chat and immediately performed the effect for the person who walked in with me listening in the background. Their reaction was through the roof.

Instant reset, instant repeat with a different, freely-named card every time.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Max just performed "the one" for me. I love it ! Clean, direct, freely named card. Cannot say too much as mentioned before, but trust me this is a really good effect.

Thanks Max for showing this to me, while in your magic shop.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Can I use Skype if I do not have a camera myself? I've never used it.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I would love to Skype with Max but I have never spoken to him. Feel like I should send an email first or something and not just randomly call him. Does he have an email that he gives out?
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi All,

Thank you to those who have commented ont this thus far. I truly appreciate the kind words as well as respecting my wishes to keep the mystery. I will eventually get a demo done but for now you can get a live performance. I am having a ton of fun doing this to laymen and literally having them walk out of my shop talking to themselves incoherently. Smile

I am happy to Skype with whomever, no need to email and ask. Just add me or send a message and if I am there I will be happy to give you a performance. I love live demos as you get to see exactly what it would like like without all the fancy editing.

You also get me on facetime if you prefer that as well. My email is max@maxkrause.com and my username there is sleightlyhandy.

As long as you can see and hear me you should be golden. If you can talk as well that is a bonus, but if not you can always type.

Kind regards,
Max
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Just finished Skyping with Max (I interrupted his dinner... sorry) and he performed "The One" for me. No need to see a demo on YouTube when you can see it "live." Without giving away too much, this is clean as a whistle, instant reset, and ideal for walkaround. Just think of a card...

Regards, Steve
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
So Max just showed me The One on skype and I'm puzzled with this one! As everyone before me said clean as it can be and so straight forward.
Looks like a winner!

Nico
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 18:27, Max Krause wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you to those who have commented ont this thus far. I truly appreciate the kind words as well as respecting my wishes to keep the mystery. I will eventually get a demo done but for now you can get a live performance. I am having a ton of fun doing this to laymen and literally having them walk out of my shop talking to themselves incoherently. Smile

I am happy to Skype with whomever, no need to email and ask. Just add me or send a message and if I am there I will be happy to give you a performance. I love live demos as you get to see exactly what it would like like without all the fancy editing.

You also get me on facetime if you prefer that as well. My email is max@maxkrause.com and my username there is sleightlyhandy.

As long as you can see and hear me you should be golden. If you can talk as well that is a bonus, but if not you can always type.

Kind regards,
Max

Thanks Max! I might try to get you on Skype tomorrow. This should pretty fantastic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL