The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks Kevin.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I've got a few things that will accomplish what seems to be the main effect: Card-Shark's Ultimate Brianwave, R/S Mene Tekel Deck, etc...

My first thought is to pass, as I don't need this type of effect, however, some of the comments intrigue me (can use it for regular effects, for example). But there are other effects listed.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just one question, can the deck be shuffled? If this question is not appropriate, let me know and I'll contact Max directly.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
680 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 21:52, dooblehorn wrote:
Just one question, can the deck be shuffled? If this question is not appropriate, let me know and I'll contact Max directly.

Its still a buy from me... But this would absolutely seal the deal for me as well...
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 22:04, bgm4gic wrote:
Quote:

Its still a buy from me... But this would absolutely seal the deal for me as well...

You could probably work a shuffle into the performance but why? A blue backed deck of cards has one red backed card in it. It's the card the spectator freely named. Not sure why a spectator would care at all about the deck being shuffled.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Because I'm still not great at false shuffles (still learning, getting there), and am not particularly fond of st**ks
I was not sure if a shuffle was even needed, just asking...
I ordered it already; have never, ever been disappointed in anything I've bought from Max.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
You could probably work a shuffle into the performance but why?

It has been said that the deck can be used for other effects, so it would be good to know if there is anything about the construction of the deck/cards that would prevent shuffling in any way.

My guess would be no, but ya never know Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
680 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 10:21, Platt wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 22:04, bgm4gic wrote:
Quote:

You could probably work a shuffle into the performance but why? A blue backed deck of cards has one red backed card in it. It's the card the spectator freely named. Not sure why a spectator would care at all about the deck being shuffled.

Its always to be able to shuffle the cards before/after a performance IMO. Smile I feel it makes the trick look smoother. Maybe its just me..
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2142 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
You can shuffle before and/or after the effect if needed. I'd probably recommend something like an overhand shuffle beforehand if you insist on doing it. The effect is not dependent on the entire deck being in a particular order.

With that said, I don't think shuffling before the effect is necessary at all. You'd start by having the deck presented (in or out of the box), and then the very first thing you do is have the spectator NAME a card, not select a card. No shuffling is needed. Once they name the card, you immediately go through the deck and show that it's well mixed, until you happen upon their card.

So sure, you can shuffle it if you really feel it helps - but I think it's 100% unnecessary.
Kevin Reylek
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Mine just arrived. Glad I bought it for several reasons. The first is that it's a hellava good trick. The second is that Max showed me its workings during our Skype session but as I was about to play the dvd I realized I forgot how it was done. So I watched a performance. It fooled me.
Really glad I bought it.
Nice job, Max.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2014-01-22 00:56, saysold1 wrote:
When did he get them pierced?

I mean Max discussed this at a SAM meeting at Cocoa's a few years ago over pie - but I thought he was just kidding.

This could bring a (w)hole new variation to a few plots:

- moving hole

- moving ring

- linking rings (while still 'in place'? Ouch!)

:)
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Can the named card be given out or only shown to have a different color on the back? No answer needed if this would be exposure.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Dr Phil,

It depends on the routine you are doing, but I also think that you are overproving at that point. I have been performing this daily and nobody asks to see anything.

Best regards,
Max
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Max, where can you purchase this, I looked on your web site and could not find it. Thanks in advance.

Joe
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got this...yet another winner from Max...
and another method that may seem simple to us, but will leave specs scratching their heads.
I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL