The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Biggerfish 2 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was lucky enough to get fish fingers the other night...
I've asked to be banned
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Peter

Do you have a website or one place where we can gett all your stuff and keep up to date?
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hey man I don't, with stuff like this I try to keep it very short run so they sell ultra fast. I have toyed with the idea of a mailing list but I am useless at stuff like that.

The book is now proofed and laid out and is going to print!!

If you haven't got one and want one email me there is not many left at all!

Pete x
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
This will sell out. If you want it, I suggest you buy it now. His first book goes for a large premium so I look at the current price as a bargain
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
So excited for this!
slimboy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of slimboy
Looking forward
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Smile
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, Pete sent me Bigger Fish 2 today. I've only just been able to glance through it, but I can promise you that it is fantastic.

I know this because at one point, I happened to spot my own name.

The sentence read "This is very, very easy and was influenced by the brilliant mind of Atlas Brookings."

I can therefore confidently assert that with such good sense anchoring the writing, it is completely safe to assume that everything else in the book is just as splendid. Oh - and ALSO - he told me my PIN number yesterday while I ate lunch with him. I never wrote it down. I have never shared it with anyone. This was disgustingly clean. Every PIN divination I've ever seen had some compromise. This didn't. It felt so incredibly real and as he told me each digit, it was like my mind was being probed and opened and cleaned out. There aren't many people that I can sit down with who can recreate in me the sense of wonder that drew me to this vocation in the first place.

Pete did, and does, and that one piece is worth the price of the book (in my eyes anyway - and YES, it is in the book). It is propless, it is easy, it is sound, and it is incredible. And it endures scrutiny extremely well.

When I was chatting to Pete yesterday, he mentioned that there were only 14 copies left. That's not many.

The book ends with this:

"...let's keep the secrets I have shared in here a secret. Let's keep them valuable and only shared amongst a small number of us. Remember, there are only one hundred.

That's 100

Out of

(One hundred out of seven billion)

It really shows you how small a group of people in the world will get to see this work. Isn't that special?"

Yes Pete, it absolutely is.

Best,

Atlas
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 17:34, MagicAtlas wrote:
he told me my PIN number yesterday while I ate lunch with him. I never wrote it down. I have never shared it with anyone. This was disgustingly clean. Every PIN divination I've ever seen had some compromise. This didn't. It felt so incredibly real and as he told me each digit,

If someone pays for the food - glance when they type the PIN numbers. Smile

joke.
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 18:36, John Linden wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 17:34, MagicAtlas wrote:
he told me my PIN number yesterday while I ate lunch with him. I never wrote it down. I have never shared it with anyone. This was disgustingly clean. Every PIN divination I've ever seen had some compromise. This didn't. It felt so incredibly real and as he told me each digit,

If someone pays for the food - glance when they type the PIN numbers. Smile

joke.

Genuinely a bona-fide method Smile but Atlas paid in cash Smile that was the first thing I checked! Ha

Thanks for the kind words Atlas! It was amazing meeting you hope to do it again soon! xx
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
By the way Peter.

Is there still copies left?

- John.
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
My order is in---any idea when it will be shipped? Thanks

Greg
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
The proof copy is due back any day if it looks sweet the 100 will be sent off to print.

Want to make sure this is as quality a product it can be for you guys Smile x
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 12:13, Peter_turner wrote:
The proof copy is due back any day if it looks sweet the 100 will be sent off to print.

Want to make sure this is as quality a product it can be for you guys Smile x

Perfect---thanks Pete
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
This will be a gem!!
Pete...your work is outstanding!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I've forced myself to stop flitting back and forth and instead start from the beginning. From the Preface:

"If I may, I would like to point out one thing that stood out as wrong to me in the original book’s introduction (in my few words section).

'You will notice upon reading, each effect has been described extensively; there is good reason for this. If you cannot figure out how an effect is achieved while reading the description, you will realise just how fooled a lay audience will be.'

That was immature and wrong. This material is not about fooling people; it’s about creating memories that will last a lifetime. Creating an experience as a unit that will be remembered for a lifetime is a thousand times stronger than fooling someone and making them feel psychologically lower than you. The word “unit” in this paragraph is what is of the most importance. Gone are the days (for me) of separating myself from the audience; we work as a group to discover and experience things that are outside the norm as a collective."

And the portion in the preface that pulled from "The Book Of The Demons" is also unspeakably good. This looks like it might be Pete's most mature and robust work yet.

Best,

Atlas
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I cannot wait to get this.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
The print proof copy is back and I love it!

Listen chaps and listen good they are ALL going to print now Smile The wait is nearly over.

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/petert......rt=1&o=1

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/petert......rt=1&o=3

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/petert......rt=3&o=3

Pete x
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Anymore copies left?

-Alex
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
My order is in! I'm excited for the book! Smile

-Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Biggerfish 2 (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL