The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Alakazam (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys

Just to let you know, the free shipping offer ends Friday

Regards

Peter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The vanish is lovely. Very visual.

One question though: Can you show the three cards individually, so two jokers and a queen, then place the queen in between the jokers and make her vanish? The only time we see the full queen in the trailer is after the vanish. Before that the queen is always sandwiched between the two jokers from the very beginning so we only see about a quarter of the card at best.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
I love monte routines, for some reasons its fun to mess around with friends heads with this
Anything is Possible
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 01:08, Roslyn wrote:
The vanish is lovely. Very visual.

One question though: Can you show the three cards individually, so two jokers and a queen, then place the queen in between the jokers and make her vanish? The only time we see the full queen in the trailer is after the vanish. Before that the queen is always sandwiched between the two jokers from the very beginning so we only see about a quarter of the card at best.

The answer is no to the above as far as I can remember . Have to dig mine out but pretty sure that is the case .
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 09:38, EZrhythm wrote:
It appears they play with discs in London.

Westminster Bridge;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Y2Ybi_iNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlx6tT0zII

Here's a better view of disc monte but it is in Romanian I believe;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkiiAH8Dos

Who shall be the first to release a disc monte effect?

I think Peter's getting this out for this years Blackpool convention

I heard it will be on Pre order next week. !
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
FABULOUS, Thank You for that!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
benmagic1
View Profile
Regular user
London
182 Posts

Profile of benmagic1
I too have had this for a number of years, I have two sets as I wanted a spare for when the first one wore out but it is still going strong ! What was missing from the original version was a proper routine, it looks like you have nailed it Peter, my order is in just to watch the dvd !
Sussex/Kent/Surrey Wedding Photographer and Magician. Ben's Photography
Surrey/Sussex/Kent Magician
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Last weekend, I saw some Eastern Europeans (a guy and his stooge) playing a monte game on the Southbank in London, with some tatty playing cards.
I didn't hang around to watch closely as they looked pretty dodgy! Lol.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Got this yesterday the DVD was packed full of great routines and I like David loosely style it's fun and so easy going. The gimmicks are well made I'd expect no less from rob Bromley I loved the visuals on this it looks amazing. I'm not sure if will make my working set but I'm pleased with my buy as always alakzam are a quality service I can't wait to practice some more 9/10

Kieron
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Ordered today. Looking forward to getting it.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Gorner_Magic
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
2 Posts

Profile of Gorner_Magic
Got this a week ago now.

Interesting concept but the gimmick is beutifully crafted, but what else would you expect from Rob Bromley!
The DVD offers some great routines and handlings. I am not sure yet how to fit this into my routines but even still it is a great bit of magic.

Also, as always, the service from Alakazam was amazing. Thanks guys!
ImpossibleMagic
View Profile
New user
Bolton
3 Posts

Profile of ImpossibleMagic
I have got to say this effect is really good I have a lot of Alakazam products and none of them have failed me yet

Thanks!
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I received mine last week and have been playing around with some routines. It is a very nice gimmick. I just add it to my regular deck and am ready to go. The quality is very good and will last for some time. I wouldn't mind buying a few refills though to switch between but if not I will not feel bad about just buying the set again. There are a lot of really great Monte routines out there and I have a lot of them but I think this is going to be my carry around set. It really is very fun to practice so I think performing wil be even more fun.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Walk down Oxford Street near the Selfridges end any night in the summer when we get all the tourists from Kuwait and you will see three card monte and the shell game being operated every 100 feet.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I've been interested in Three Card Monte for many years. Dai Vernon's routine with the bent corner ending, Mike Skinner's Ultimate Monte, Harry Anderson's Last Monte, Gaeton Bloom's version, and others.

This is a worthy addition. The gaff is beautifully made! Best I've ever seen.

Robert
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I am sure the gaff is very well made. The problem I see is the way the cards are held. Cards are spread in a fan. The way this one works is not a normal way cards are held. I just does not look right. Again I am sure the gaff is great but it is not normal to spread and hold cards in this fashion. If you collect monte routines this may be one to collect.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On , IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 21:59, David Cheetham wrote:
I've lived in London most of my life, and have never, ever, bloody ever seen any Monte routine done by anyone.

Ever.

Covent Garden? Piccadilly? Leicester Square? Really?

Christ.

I do remember Paul Gordon releasing a Monte effect referring to Piccadilly. Not bad, as it goes. Just not based in reality.

I'm amazed that Nardi is being given the hot coals over this; he releases decent stuff, and he is honest. Bloody hell.

just because you've not seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...i've spent most of my life so far in london, seen it quite often, from cds, discs, cards, even the shell game... I wasn't dragging anyone over hot coals, or even cold coals, in fact I've never seen any coal in all me life so I haven't guvnor! so it must not exist eh!

I said it looked great, very visual..just happened to mention the orientation...i don't really see that upsetting anyone...

Hahahahaha. Three card monte? In London? Really? I've lived here for over twenty years. Never seen it. Or any variation on it either. Maybe I don't spend enough time in tourist traps? But I think not. London is under CCTV. You don't even find illegal buskers these days, or at least not in town.

People doing this as a magic trick? Yeah. You see them.

People doing this as a con? Nope.

B*ll*cks. Total and utter b*ll*cks.

There are Yardies down the road who cheat at a bizarre game involving dice, in the street. That's the closest I've seen.
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I purchased Simplex Monte when it first came out and I have been having a blast since. It is extremely easy to do. You can add as many phases as you want to and because it is so fun to perform you actually want to extend the phases. I am glad that I made this purchase.
--Axel Brass
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I follow my customers wishes:

Replacement gaffs for that! Any combinations! And what I have heard .... better than the original gaff Smile

https://plus.google.com/+CardMakerBerndM......PYkQPqxE
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Old thread ,but a new trick for me,love it and it has the Rob Bromley stamp written all over it,the man is a legend when it comes to making cards.Now I like it and you can do various routines,would love it more if you could by it, say in a pack with a few different outcomes ,shall we say,at a decent price as you could not make this up yourself,well I could not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Alakazam (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL