The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Does this type of flourish exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
I'm not a flourisher so forgive me if I sound ignorant here.

I was messing with a flourishy sybil like idea, when one of the packets got out of my control. It whirled around on an axis at opposing corners then fell to the floor. Instantly I was struck in awe because it looked very flashy and interesting to me. I have tried to recreate it to no avail. Does anyone know of any work on something with revolving, whirling packets of cards?

Thanks
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
52 card pick up???
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I have a cut sequence that involves packets of cards revolving through the air and being caught. I call it my UFO cut. It’s a little tricky finding the right places for finger positioning and pressure, but once you get it, its definitely a thing of beauty.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Decker, I just want to get something clear, when you say "revolving, whirling packets of cards" do you mean still in your hands? Or are you talking about some kind of an aerial effect? Or either?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Ashford Knietel has his "Tornado" cut on Hit the Road. In essence, a packet of cards is revolved several times while clipped between the 2 palms by the diagonal axis. As for aerial revolutions you may want to check out the T.G. Murphy Deck Flip and it's variations scattered throughout books (Imagication and Nursery Rhymes). Also, the Bucks have something called Vertigo in their newest notes "Five". It's a cut where in a packet rotates out of the pack and is hacky-sacked off your foot back into the deck. These are just a few references for aerial/stationary revolutions in flourishes.

Hope this helps.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Text removed by Decker.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
A guy named the Rain Main did something like this. He will be releasing a DVD this summer.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-03-05 03:00, Decker wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-02-17 08:57, Mark Martinez wrote:
Decker, I just want to get something clear, when you say "revolving, whirling packets of cards" do you mean still in your hands? Or are you talking about some kind of an aerial effect? Or either?

I mean either or. But my initial reason for asking was because of something that occured in the hands. Two opposing corners revolving quickly on an axis in the middle of a sybil cut.

Knietel's Tornado does this as mentioned before by PasteboardPlayer...

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
The line cut and cap cut both have twirling packets of cards in them to some extent
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Yeah, but those inherent to any sybil cut. He wants something different, like the tornado cut or Vertigo. More along the opposing corner pivoting type of move.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Does this type of flourish exist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL